Elijah Dukes... more problems - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Elijah Dukes... more problems

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:01 pm

The Rays are going to take a wait and see approach since he was not arrested. He is not in the lineup tonight, but will be tommorow. They are under a lot of pressure by many people to keep him off the field, but they are also under pressure from the MLB players union to keep him playing, and we ll know that union is very strong.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby godallahstar » Wed May 23, 2007 6:16 pm

maybe the devil rays shouldn't have stopped paying for his therapy.
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mayor Daley » Wed May 23, 2007 6:18 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:The Rays are going to take a wait and see approach since he was not arrested. He is not in the lineup tonight, but will be tommorow. They are under a lot of pressure by many people to keep him off the field, but they are also under pressure from the MLB players union to keep him playing, and we ll know that union is very strong.

Which lineup? Police or MLB? :-B
Mayor Daley
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:22 pm

Mayor Daley wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:The Rays are going to take a wait and see approach since he was not arrested. He is not in the lineup tonight, but will be tommorow. They are under a lot of pressure by many people to keep him off the field, but they are also under pressure from the MLB players union to keep him playing, and we ll know that union is very strong.

good question :-? :-B
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Danger » Wed May 23, 2007 6:24 pm

Mayor Daley wrote:

:-b
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby scr » Wed May 23, 2007 6:26 pm

There is plenty more at stake here than just Elijah Dukes. There are five innocent kids already screwed out of a normal family life, and maybe screwed out of a father.

The consequences of this issue is not limited in scope to the poor "wife". It is common knowledge that folks going through divorces will stoop to any level to gain an advantage in the courts. Does anyone know what "wifey" did or said to Dukes to provoke his stupidity? Of course not, but people like to jump to conclusions. There is ALWAYS two sides to every story, but Robbie Neyer didn't bother to get the other side. It's all about the bucks. Shame on Rob Neyer for not acknowledging this.

I wonder if Robbie Neyer is on the payroll of the divorce lawyer?

In any case, again, it's the kids that lose...bigtime.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 23, 2007 6:34 pm

scr wrote:

There is plenty more at stake here than just Elijah Dukes. There are five innocent kids already screwed out of a normal family life, and maybe screwed out of a father.

Also the mothers fault BTW unless Duke forced himself upon them
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby jblank » Wed May 23, 2007 7:11 pm

scr wrote:

The consequences of this issue is not limited in scope to the poor "wife". It is common knowledge that folks going through divorces will stoop to any level to gain an advantage in the courts. Does anyone know what "wifey" did or said to Dukes to provoke his stupidity? Of course not, but people like to jump to conclusions. There is ALWAYS two sides to every story, but Robbie Neyer didn't bother to get the other side. It's all about the bucks. Shame on Rob Neyer for not acknowledging this.

SCR, I don't know you, but I am sure you are a good person and an intelligent man, so I am a bit surprised that you would try and put some of this on the wife, when I doubt she threatened to kill him (or his kids), didn't go to his workplace and make an ass out of herself, and didn't force him to get violent with her.

I don't care what she has done in the past, threatening to kill her and the kids says a lot about his character (or lack there of). A real man doesn't beat his wife/gf, neglect his kids, and resort to threats of extreme violence, just because he gets angry.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Nobody wins...

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:22 pm

scr wrote:This is a divorce. It's messy. And it's a tragedy-for the kids.

Nobody ever thinks of the kids.

On one side, you have the temper challenged Dukes who is trying to turn his life around, but can't get out of his own way. If he's guilty of anything certain, it's stupidity, at a minimum.

On the other side, you have a not-so-angelic woman who is filing for divorce. If this was so huge a story, or this guy such a danger, don't you think something would have been done in April? Somebody smells money-lot's of it. I'm pretty sure a divorce lawyer's got his or her grubby hands all over this and smells a huge payday. Disgusting.

Earth to divorce lawyer-when Dukes gets his walking papers-you and your client get nothing. Nice job.

The DRay FRO will not stand up for Dukes. After the bs story last year in Durham, the DRay FRO did not stand up for the kid. They bailed, as they will surely do now. No guts. Remember the Hamilton kid? Andrew washed his hands of Hamilton, too.

Then you have the holier than thou ESPN "bloggers"(see Rob Neyer). They are shocked and appalled-and they never let you forget it.

So while the media has their field day ripping Dukes, and the DRay FRO throws Dukes under the bus, and the wifey licks her chops at a payday that never comes (because her lawyer couldn't help but orchestrate this little drama), and Dukes is left unemployed, what do have left?...

...the kids. In a broken home. Up against it because Mommy and Daddy couldn't grow up, the media can't help but condemn first, the DRay FRO has thin skin, and the lawyers got involved.

...the kids are the losers here folks, and they are the innocent.

There are real answers to Duke's problems, but they take time. Too bad the FRO has run out of it. Too bad for the kids.

SCR you cannot be serious about Hamilton. We stood by him for 3 years when no one wanted to touch him. We got him reinstated. We gave him more chances. They didn't wash there hands of him, he was going to start in the minors for us, they just didn't keep him on the 40 man roster to protect him in the Rule 5 b/c they did not think someone would take the chance like we did. This organization did a lot for Hamilton, ask him, he is very thankful and i bet he is thankful that we didn't protect him from the Rule 5 b/c now he is starting.

I agree about last years Dukes problem as me and you have discussed before, but you cannot say anything bad about the rays organization when it comes to Josh, outside of the bonehead move to not protect him in a rule 5 draft
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scr » Wed May 23, 2007 7:33 pm

jblank wrote:
scr wrote:

SCR, I don't know you, but I am sure you are a good person and an intelligent man, so I am a bit surprised that you would try and put some of this on the wife, when I doubt she threatened to kill him (or his kids), didn't go to his workplace and make an ass out of herself, and didn't force him to get violent with her.

I don't care what she has done in the past, threatening to kill her and the kids says a lot about his character (or lack there of). A real man doesn't beat his wife/gf, neglect his kids, and resort to threats of extreme violence, just because he gets angry.

jblank,

Thousands if not millions of people say and do stupid things in the heat of a marital breakup. This is a well established, unfortunate, fact of life.

The fact is none of us on this board know both sides of the story. We just don't.

Do I condone Dukes for saying what he said?

Of course not.

I will allow for the possibility that the wife said some provocative things to Dukes that caused his latest nutty.

How do we know the wife did not threaten to kill Dukes before Dukes pulled his nutty and went to the school?

How do we know?

The fact is, we don't.

Not to mention the fact that divorce lawyers, by and large, are the scum of the earth. They advise their clients to do whatever it takes to gain an edge in the courtroom. I have heard firsthand from women who are advised to hit their heads on the corner of their doors (by their lawyers), and claim their husbands beat them up-because, hey, all's fair in a divorce.

As much as an idiot Duke's is for losing it, and believe me, I think he's at a minimum-absurdly stupid for what he said and did-when it comes to divorce-I put nothing passed what both parties are capable of doing. It's disgusting all the way around.

At the end of the day the real victims here is not the wife-who I am sure is going to be asking for some money in this divorce action (which makes her veracity immediately suspect), nor is it the incredibly stupid Dukes. The real victims are the kids.

When you condemn Dukes, you will inadvertently condemn these kids to a much harder life. Your words have an effect on more people than you realize. The same goes for Rob Neyer. I'd bet a million bucks he never once thought of what his words would do to the innocent kids.

That's the problem. Too many people (Dukes included) say, write and do too many things that have a horrible consequence on the innocents.

Their are kids whose very lives are at stake here, folks. Let's give them some consideration for a change, instead of getting sucked into a messy divorce and throwing stones.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers