Elijah Dukes... more problems - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Elijah Dukes... more problems

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed May 23, 2007 4:21 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:oh wow slomo...i thought you were making up the whole dawg bit, then i read the article. thats crazy. dukes is done i guess. i guess this also means the d-rays arent going to be dealing baldelli anytime soon. :-°

(the video game comment = hilarious too)

haven't you heard, Upton is out best CF ;-7
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WhiteHot » Wed May 23, 2007 4:28 pm

This guy seems to have mental problems.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Vladiator » Wed May 23, 2007 4:59 pm

I have such mixed feelings about this. Dukes has so much raw potential (I even considered dropping Young for him last week), but as an Upton owner, this is awfully convenient. Still, I hate to see the guy throw everything away over stupid crap like this. You know it won't end well.

BTW: Nice sig, Snakes! ;-D
Vladiator
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed May 23, 2007 5:23 pm

Vladiator wrote:I have such mixed feelings about this. Dukes has so much raw potential (I even considered dropping Young for him last week), but as an Upton owner, this is awfully convenient. Still, I hate to see the guy throw everything away over stupid crap like this. You know it won't end well.

BTW: Nice sig, Snakes! ;-D

thanks just recently made it ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jblank » Wed May 23, 2007 5:41 pm

[mod edit]. The attitude that some athletes have disgusts me. They think because they play a sport they can use drugs, beat their wives/girlfriends, knock up every piece of tail they come into contact with, make violent threats, and eventually commit crimes. This all comes from them being treated like gods at a young age. Sad, very sad, and I hope she can get away from him.....safely, and the he wises up, leaves her alone, and seeks to change his life.

Another thing, as much as these guys love their money, don't ya think they would put a condom on before getting their freak on with these women? Just what we need, more illegitimate, fatherless African-American children. Sad, really sad, I feel sorry for his wife and those poor children he "fathered" (and I use that term loosely).
Last edited by jblank on Wed May 23, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jblank » Wed May 23, 2007 5:44 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Elijah Dukes wrote:"Hey, dawg. It's on, dawg. You dead, dawg. I ain't even bulls-------. Your kids too, dawg. It don't even matter to me who is in the car with you. N-----, all I know is, n-----, when I see your m-----f------- a-- riding, dawg, it's on. As a matter of fact, I'm coming to your m-----f------ house."

:-°

It definitely sounds bad, but what is the other side of the story. It is not like this woman claiming this has a clean background herself. From what I have heard of the situation so far, the only thing I can fault Dukes for is going to the school that the woman teaches at and confronting her.

You can't be serious......The only thing she is guilty of is being with this asshat. She should have never gotten involved with him and she should have left him after the first incident. There is no excuse for what he has done and said to her.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Zhangman1 » Wed May 23, 2007 5:50 pm

jblank wrote:[mod edit]. The attitude that some athletes have disgusts me. They think because they play a sport they can use drugs, beat their wives/girlfriends, knock up every piece of tail they come into contact with, make violent threats, and eventually commit crimes. This all comes from them being treated like gods at a young age. Sad, very sad, and I hope she can get away from him.....safely, and the he wises up, leaves her alone, and seeks to change his life.

Another thing, as much as these guys love their money, don't ya think they would put a condom on before getting their freak on with these women? Just what we need, more illegitimate, fatherless African-American children. Sad, really sad, I feel sorry for his wife and those poor children he "fathered" (and I use that term loosely).

Im still not defending Dukes for what has done. IMO, he's a product of the environment where he grew up. He probably didn't have a father, no good role models, and was given a pass b/c he was an athlete. Now that doesn't excuse his behavior b/c we all have to choose right from wrong, but I find it sad that maybe if he was raised better, he wouldn't be throwing away everything.
Zhangman1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby jblank » Wed May 23, 2007 5:52 pm

There is no excuse for spousal abuse. I don't care how you grew up, you don't hit women, and you don't threaten to kill people. He is a grown man, an adult, and has gone through counseling before, so it's not like he doesn't know that its wrong to do these things. His attitude alone, flaunting the law because he "plays baseball" shows that he recognizes what he is doing is wrong, and shows that he thinks he is above the law.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Nobody wins...

Postby scr » Wed May 23, 2007 5:57 pm

This is a divorce. It's messy. And it's a tragedy-for the kids.

Nobody ever thinks of the kids.

On one side, you have the temper challenged Dukes who is trying to turn his life around, but can't get out of his own way. If he's guilty of anything certain, it's stupidity, at a minimum.

On the other side, you have a not-so-angelic woman who is filing for divorce. If this was so huge a story, or this guy such a danger, don't you think something would have been done in April? Somebody smells money-lot's of it. I'm pretty sure a divorce lawyer's got his or her grubby hands all over this and smells a huge payday. Disgusting.

Earth to divorce lawyer-when Dukes gets his walking papers-you and your client get nothing. Nice job.

The DRay FRO will not stand up for Dukes. After the bs story last year in Durham, the DRay FRO did not stand up for the kid. They bailed, as they will surely do now. No guts. Remember the Hamilton kid? Andrew washed his hands of Hamilton, too.

Then you have the holier than thou ESPN "bloggers"(see Rob Neyer). They are shocked and appalled-and they never let you forget it.

So while the media has their field day ripping Dukes, and the DRay FRO throws Dukes under the bus, and the wifey licks her chops at a payday that never comes (because her lawyer couldn't help but orchestrate this little drama), and Dukes is left unemployed, what do have left?...

...the kids. In a broken home. Up against it because Mommy and Daddy couldn't grow up, the media can't help but condemn first, the DRay FRO has thin skin, and the lawyers got involved.

...the kids are the losers here folks, and they are the innocent.

There are real answers to Duke's problems, but they take time. Too bad the FRO has run out of it. Too bad for the kids.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Nobody wins...

Postby hot4tx » Wed May 23, 2007 5:59 pm

scr wrote:Nobody ever thinks of the kids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Foley

;-D
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers