Trade Scenario Tourney: Round 1-deerayfan vs. Lordrevolution - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Scenario Tourney: Round 1-deerayfan vs. Lordrevolution

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who do you think provides the better response?

Poll ended at Sat May 26, 2007 1:21 am

deerayfan072
74%
Lordrevolution
26%

Total votes : 57

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:24 pm

I dunno. Both of these suggestions are good ideas; however, I don't think either trade is ultimately realistic...

I think asking for Pie with Dotel and Riske is a little out there. Two mediocre (and Dotel is is injured so often that the risk makes him mediore) relievers is not worth a star prospect...

However, while I like the talent involved in deerayfan's trade, the team is not right. The As do not have the money to spend on Sweeney's contract (unless the Royals chose to eat it), and also, the As need offense up the middle (specifically 2B SS and C). Sweeney does not help with this (unless you have Piazza catch 4-5 days per week,however, this seems like a bad idea). Even so, the As have plenty of decent OF bats that one can play DH consistently. The As have so many veteran OF that I don't see where Sanders would fit fo them, or any other team for that matter.

I like the Hernandez deal. I don't know how much the mets believe in Anderson, and they could definitely use him at 2B, but it's a deal that would help both teams....

However, I'll vote for deerayfan. His trades were both optimistic and realistic....
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jake_harv88 » Thu May 24, 2007 9:11 pm

pretty good response so far, 45 votes! I'm pretty happy with that. Yeah when does the voting end? Lets move to the next matchup! ;-D
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby dsd10988 » Thu May 24, 2007 9:23 pm

I voted for deerayfan too just because felix pie would demand a top young starting pitcher in return..and I doubt a team like the royals would give up someone like Hochevar for Pie. Cubs have Jacque Jones signed through 2008 and Floyd signed for 1 year. Basically youll probably see either Floyd stay on the bench and retire after this season/sign elsewhere, or traded for nothing to a contender..and/or Jacque Jones traded sometime this year or in the offseason to make a full time spot for Felix Pie. Cubs won't trade him because they have Jacque Jones and Cliff Floyd in his way...

Then the other guy who said Sweeney to the A's? Just curious why not the Angels instead of the A's? There is only 3 AL teams Sweeney can be traded to as part of his limited no trade clause and thats the A's, Angels, and Mariners.. Mariners have Jose Vidro at DH, and should be out of contention come July so wouldn't make a trade like that. And the A's as many people have said have a bunch of players that fill that DH/1b role..and the Piazza to catcher comment was funny. So why not Sweeney to the Angels..Of course the angels would have full control in a trade as far as value as the Royals would just lose him as a FA and wouldnt even get a draft pick because they definitely won't offer arbitration.

The KC-Mets trade I don't understand as the Mets would not add that much $ from Perez to not make the team any better. The Braves I think would be a better fit since they have terrible #3-#5 SP. Can't really complain since Perez has no value..but I do think they will keep Dotel especially in this game where it says the royals still have to compete..the only way they have a chance is with a decent bullpen which Dotel will help them.

But a realistic trade to me would be Sweeney for Colon - angels pay the difference of salaries..Angels need a DH and to give protection to Vlad..Colon good chance won't be a significant part of the Angels come June through the playoffs. Hes a FA at the end of the year, maybe pitching under no pressure in KC as an ace there would get him a decent contract in the offseason. A chance that he could lose in LAA.

I voted for Deeray though, but would have liked to see Sweeney trade to angels instead of a's
dsd10988
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby dweenmachine » Thu May 24, 2007 9:32 pm

deeray = much better speller :-b
dweenmachine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 24, 2007 9:57 pm

2 days
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lordrevolution » Thu May 24, 2007 10:50 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:When does voting end?

Don't worry bro, you've got it. It's interesting though, and I'm lookin forward to trying again.
Lordrevolution
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jfg » Fri May 25, 2007 2:23 pm

dsd10988 wrote:I voted for deerayfan too just because felix pie would demand a top young starting pitcher in return..and I doubt a team like the royals would give up someone like Hochevar for Pie.

Actually that wouldn't be a bad idea for Royals. I know Hochevar is great but why not build that offense into something really great with 3 5 star prospects and hope you can find some more arms along the way? Might as well add to what you're already succeeding at... I still don't think the Cubs do it though. When do star prospects get traded for star prospects.

I go with Deeray here. It wasn't great, but it was realistic.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby Amatter32 » Fri May 25, 2007 2:33 pm

The Cubs would trade Murton, Floyd, Pagan, or Jones before they traded Pie to make space in the Outfield.
Amatter32
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers