When Ryan Howard comes back on Friday.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

When Ryan Howard comes back on Friday....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby J35J » Wed May 23, 2007 11:55 am

Ender wrote:In Roto he's a sure fire bust at this point, in H2H what happens in the second half matters a lot more than the first half (assuming you are good enough to make the top 6) and Howard can still be a huge part of why you win your league.

I'm not a Howard guy though, I think he hits .280 with lots of power but I had him listed as a #13 pick in my league (we use 5 OF so they are at more of a premium).



Bingo! ;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 398)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AllStar215 » Wed May 23, 2007 12:10 pm

I see Howard hitting 25-30 Hr....
AllStar215
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1298
Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 05worldserieschamps » Wed May 23, 2007 12:15 pm

but if your in a H2H league like me and picked up Overbay while waiting for Howard, he can still be that Top 5 overall pick.
Is pushing for President Obama to pass a law requiring all citizens to be Chicago White Sox fans and make October 1st "White Sox Day" where we all dress as our favorite player. It maybe socialist, but I don't care.
05worldserieschamps
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1059
Joined: 2 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Kentucky

Postby hot4tx » Wed May 23, 2007 12:18 pm

AllStar215 wrote:I see Howard hitting 25-30 Hr....


He'll hit more than that. He's already got 6 HR and he hit 22 HR in 312 AB his rookie season. Also you don't hit 58 HRs by accident.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1933
(Past Year: 135)
Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AllStar215 » Wed May 23, 2007 12:20 pm

hot4tx wrote:
AllStar215 wrote:I see Howard hitting 25-30 Hr....


He'll hit more than that. He's already got 6 HR and he hit 22 HR in 312 AB his rookie season. Also you don't hit 58 HRs by accident.


Ask Adrian Beltre :-D
AllStar215
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1298
Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Wed May 23, 2007 12:23 pm

AllStar215 wrote:
hot4tx wrote:
AllStar215 wrote:I see Howard hitting 25-30 Hr....


He'll hit more than that. He's already got 6 HR and he hit 22 HR in 312 AB his rookie season. Also you don't hit 58 HRs by accident.


Ask Adrian Beltre :-D


I could probably hit 25 HR's in that park so I'd say your estimate is pretty low. Balls just fly out of that place in the summer.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AllStar215 » Wed May 23, 2007 12:25 pm

Ender wrote:
AllStar215 wrote:
hot4tx wrote:
AllStar215 wrote:I see Howard hitting 25-30 Hr....


He'll hit more than that. He's already got 6 HR and he hit 22 HR in 312 AB his rookie season. Also you don't hit 58 HRs by accident.


Ask Adrian Beltre :-D


I could probably hit 25 HR's in that park so I'd say your estimate is pretty low. Balls just fly out of that place in the summer.


Yea your right..Citizens Bank Park is HR paradise...The fact that Howard looked horrible in alot of at bats just made me bellieve hes pressing too much...Also pitchers are pitching him very aggresively and even intentionally walkin him like crazy...Not to mention the Shifts and the person hitting behind him...
AllStar215
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1298
Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jake_harv88 » Wed May 23, 2007 12:33 pm

AllStar215 wrote:I see Howard hitting 25-30 Hr....



This is easily the worst projection i've ever seen. He hit 22 as a rookie in limited time and 51 last year. He also showed significant power at the minor league levels (hitting 37 hrs in '04 at AA). Beltre never showed the same power as howard in the minors and until he hit 48 was averaging about 20 a year. I say he hits at least 30 this year even with the injury and still has a chance to break 40. He'll probably finish somewhere in the mid to high 30s...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2021
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cafe of Fantasies

Postby AllStar215 » Wed May 23, 2007 12:35 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:
AllStar215 wrote:I see Howard hitting 25-30 Hr....



This is easily the worst projection i've ever seen. He hit 22 as a rookie in limited time and 51 last year. He also showed significant power at the minor league levels (hitting 37 hrs in '04 at AA). Beltre never showed the same power as howard in the minors and until he hit 48 was averaging about 20 a year. I say he hits at least 30 this year even with the injury and still has a chance to break 40. He'll probably finish somewhere in the mid to high 30s...


We'll see...I'm just hoping when he comes back he struggles a lil so I can buy him Low :-D
AllStar215
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1298
Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Warpigs » Wed May 23, 2007 7:22 pm

Ender wrote:
AllStar215 wrote:
hot4tx wrote:
AllStar215 wrote:I see Howard hitting 25-30 Hr....


He'll hit more than that. He's already got 6 HR and he hit 22 HR in 312 AB his rookie season. Also you don't hit 58 HRs by accident.


Ask Adrian Beltre :-D


I could probably hit 25 HR's in that park so I'd say your estimate is pretty low. Balls just fly out of that place in the summer.


Says your girlfriend. ;-7
Image
Warpigs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 862
Joined: 20 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Aug. 28
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi Cubs at Cincinnati
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at San Francisco
(3:45 pm)
Tampa Bay at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact