Jeremy Freakin Accardo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeremy Freakin Accardo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 24, 2007 3:08 am

Kendricks in a 10 teams league is definitely worth less than Accardo.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:18 am

Vladiator wrote:C'mon now. Lince is the WW pickup of the year. Accardo will come back to earth soon enough. Not trashing him at all--just didn't trust him as much as any of my other pitchers. I felt that Kendrick gave me enough 2B depth to be able to shop Phillips around, and you have to admit that he might be worth a bit more than Accardo. Plus Kendrick provides a speed option not typically available at 1B.

Accardo will start to give up a few runs eventually, but he's still likely going to remain the team's closer for the rest of the year. That designation alone gives him a lot of value by itself. But then there's the fact that he also gets a lot of Ks, and up to this point, his WHIP has been outstanding. I expect good ratios from him the rest of the season with atleast 20-25 saves if he remains the closer for the Jays, which he should, because there's nobody even close to being better than him (talent-wise, or performance wise). IMO, Kendrick isn't worth Accardo, especially in your case, when you already have two other second basemen.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Vladiator » Thu May 24, 2007 4:45 am

Dudes--no offense--but screw Accardo. I'm sure he's a great guy. However, I simply don't trust him as a pitcher.

Kendrick will earn more profit for his play by season's end. I will bet anyone here $20 on that.
Vladiator
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Boyakasha » Thu May 24, 2007 8:17 am

Vladiator wrote:Dudes--no offense--but screw Accardo. I'm sure he's a great guy. However, I simply don't trust him as a pitcher.

Kendrick will earn more profit for his play by season's end. I will bet anyone here $20 on that.

Hmm, maybe, but the correct move would have been to drop Hamilton, not Accardo. Especially now that Myers has gone down.
Boyakasha
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 24, 2007 11:31 am

Not a trade forum..

Plus accardo is at least worth pujols
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby hot4tx » Thu May 24, 2007 11:35 am

Yesterday I saw a trade accepted for Accardo - for Pujols, two Giambi's and one of Jessica Canseco's eggs.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu May 24, 2007 5:22 pm

Vladiator wrote:Dudes--no offense--but screw Accardo. I'm sure he's a great guy. However, I simply don't trust him as a pitcher.

Why don't you trust him?
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby Vladiator » Thu May 24, 2007 5:49 pm

Maybe I should rephrase that. I meant to say that I trust Accardo and his current situation less than I do any of my other pitchers. Obviously, personal factors come into play when deciding who to add/drop. There is no sense in arguing about Hamilton or anyone else in this case.

I'm not worried about the Myers thing at all. If it's turns out that he's done for the year, I'll be dropping him and using my waiver claim on Gallardo, who was just added to the Yahoo pool today. Not exactly a shabby consolation prize, IMO. I don't mind punting saves with the staff I currently have.
Vladiator
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers