Help My Team, And I'll Help You - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help My Team, And I'll Help You

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help My Team, And I'll Help You

Postby Santana4Cy » Wed May 23, 2007 12:17 am

12 team, 5x5 roto, keeper league. This is the first year of the league, and we'll have 4 keepers. I recently acquired Peavy for Bay, and Youkilis for Garland. I'm sitting in 8th out of 12, and need some advice on how to improve my team.

C: Jorge Posada
1B: Gary Sheffield
2B: Ryan Theriot
3B: Kevin Youkilis
SS: Jose Reyes
OF: Johnny Damon
OF: Bobby Abreu
OF: Raul Ibanez
U: Travis Hafner
U: Curtis Granderson
BN: David DeJesus
BN: Jacque Jones

SP: Jake Peavy
SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Livan Hernandez
RP: J.J. Putz
RP: Brian Fuentes
P: Scot Shields
P: Heath Bell
BN: Aaron Harang
BN: Matt Morris
BN: Chien-Ming Wang
BN: Scott Linebrink

My offense is a joke, I know. Other than Reyes and Hafner, no one of note is there. What I would really like to do is trade for an outfielder that I could keep to go with Reyes, Hafner and Peavy for next year.

Shields, Bell and Linebrink help out my ERA and WHIP, along with picking up the occasional strikeout and win. (All picked up recently, but since I've had them, my ERA has dropped .26 and the WHIP has dropped .11).

Here's my points breakdown:

Runs: 11
Home runs: 2.5
RBI: 5
Steals: 12
Average: 6.5

Wins: 6
Saves: 7
Strikeouts: 7
ERA: 2
WHIP: 3.5
Santana4Cy
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Santana4Cy » Wed May 23, 2007 6:49 pm

Bump. Anyone?
Santana4Cy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Wolffystyle » Wed May 23, 2007 9:01 pm

Hot Dog! your ERA and WHIP will naturally get better without changing anything...your staff is nice.

Get yourself a Catcher.

I would trade a bigger named OF and/or P for a more solid catcher and pick up a second tier/third tier starter with a low WHIP
Wolffystyle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Santana4Cy » Wed May 23, 2007 11:10 pm

Wolffystyle wrote:Hot Dog! your ERA and WHIP will naturally get better without changing anything...your staff is nice.

Get yourself a Catcher.

I would trade a bigger named OF and/or P for a more solid catcher and pick up a second tier/third tier starter with a low WHIP

Jorge is about as solid as they come so far this year.

.367, 6 HR, 27 RBI
Santana4Cy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jetsdec89 » Wed May 23, 2007 11:42 pm

Dont trade for a catcher, i think jorge is realiable try to trade for a better 3rd of maybe
jetsdec89
College Coach
College Coach

Postby merr1127 » Thu May 24, 2007 1:09 am

you have some positives to your offense besides hafner and reyes but you definetly need a slugging OF.. damon seems to be turning his slump around but abreu has been hit or miss.. also ibanez is no where near the production he had last year... try and shop youkilis and granderson while theyr hot

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 85#2338485
merr1127
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SilverLakeSausage » Thu May 24, 2007 2:32 am

I think once Granderson settles in - and learns from Sheffield the little things to get on base consistantly & get some power he be a nice piece on your team. There's good news though! Hafner has 2 games started at first base this year & needs 3 more to have that first base eligability. He'll have 9 games at NL BALLPARKS so it should be a lock. You will be able to put Hafner at first base - Sheffield at outfield. So your offense will get a nice pop from Sheffield who had his early season slump and is now producing nicely. I think Damon and Abreu will be fine for you - Damon was hurt for a while & Abreu went into that massive slump but the bats should be cracking now!!! Once your team gets past the damn slumps you shouldnt have a problem. Good luck. If you get time give me some advice bro.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=290827
SilverLakeSausage
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby SilverLakeSausage » Thu May 24, 2007 2:40 am

Source: KFFL on Yahoo!

May 18 Bryan Hoch, of NewYork.Yankees.MLB.com, reports New York Yankees C Jorge Posada entered games Thursday, May 17, hitting .375, which is best in the American League. It is also the highest average Posada has had after 35 games in his career. For the month of May, Posada is hitting .478 (22-for-46), which is also best in the league

Why would someone say trade for a catcher? Posada has been on fire, and he's be consistant for years. Since 2000 he has had no less than 71 RBIs, has had 20 homers or more (with exception to one year he had 19) and no less than 60+ runs. You know what you're going to get from him!
SilverLakeSausage
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby camden » Thu May 24, 2007 9:58 am

Overall, I like your team! Your pitching is your strength. You have depth there. From this depth consider improving your hitting, in particular your OF. But I wouldn't agree that your offense is a joke - Hafner, Sheff, Abreau all are mired in slow starts. Be patient there. SBs certainly shouldn't be a problem for you at all!

You're fine at C. Posada is tearing it up. Also remember catchers play 4-5 times a week so they usually don't produce as much as players at other positions - usually. So if you did need to improve there, and you don't, I'd first advise tending to other weaknesses.

Keep an eye on Harang. Hopefully he has a good outing or two and his trade value goes up. I wouldn't keep him - I'd use him to get a better OF, someone maybe equivalent would be Bay or Francoeuer. These two guys bring higher Ks so be wary of that. Francoeur has improved this year though.

I'd work to get Ibanez out of your lineup. H'e really hasn't done much and it's doubtful he'll replicate his banner last year. Im just not high on him. DeJesus had been playing well as of last week - haven't checked his production this week. You might want to check up on that and consider playing him instead.
Got Peavy?
camden Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Weasel_King » Thu May 24, 2007 2:14 pm

When one of your OF's are hot, I'd sell high on Posada (I'm a Yanks fan but there's no way he keeps this up)+ package him with one of your OF's for an upgrade.

Advice on mine?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 13#2339913
Weasel_King
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team