yahoo help - pending trade and DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

yahoo help - pending trade and DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Wed May 23, 2007 1:31 pm

wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
It would have been had this been posted here.

I am smarter than the average bear :)

Damn you, WR. :-C

I love that emoticon.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed May 23, 2007 1:34 pm

MissingOakley wrote:FSG if what you're saying is true, it contradicts the posted Yahoo rules... are you sure you're right? What if the trade was accepted after a player came off the DL, but was still occupying the "DL" spot on a team?

"However, once a player comes off the real-life DL, you will not be able to complete any transactions until you remove him from your team's DL. You will, however, be able to make intra-roster moves (switching players between bench and active) regardless of a player's DL status."

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/baseba ... ll-15.html

I am sure I'm right, after spending the last hour or so confirming something I already was pretty sure was right. ;-)

The help message could be clarified; the wording 'complete any transactions' in particular. It will not let you add a player to your team. But my test case I just executed allowed me to propose trades and actually have the trade go through (both manually by the commish and based on elapsed time), all while Jim Thome sat in my DL slot ininjured.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby MissingOakley » Wed May 23, 2007 1:35 pm

It sounds like FSG is saying that the following sequence would go through, no problem.

1. Team has uninjured player taking up a DL spot, so technically has 1 too many players on team. Add/drops would be rejected.
2. Team agrees to 2 for 1 trade opening up a roster spot.
3. Trade passes review period and goes through automatically.

If that's true, why have people had trades voided via DL issues? Is that a different situation?
MissingOakley
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby MissingOakley » Wed May 23, 2007 1:36 pm

Thanks for checking in to this!
MissingOakley
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MissingOakley » Wed May 23, 2007 1:38 pm

FSG, last check: when you ran that scenario, did you technically have too many players on your team by virtue of Thome taking up the DL spot?
MissingOakley
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed May 23, 2007 1:41 pm

wrveres wrote:
I have seen trades not go thru because a player was taken off of the DL after the trade has been accepted. We had a thread in here this spring with some guy freaking out over the same thing. The only other reason why a trade wouldn't go thru would be because of a veto, and that would show up on the log for everybody to see.

I am surprised this is the first you know of this.
Most guys that I know that play Yahoo have just accepted this as a Yahoo quirk, and make any necessary transactions we need to in order to get around it, or just have the commish fix it after the fact.

- I'd never seen anyone express concern about the secnario described by the original poster (having an uninjured guy in your DL slot for the entire duration of a trade transaction). Probably because it doesn't actually cause problems.

- I am familiar with the different problems you're describing, because we believe we fixed them at the beginning of this season. I've posted that here a bunch of times, every time I see someone giving these warnings; I'm surprised this is the first you know of this ;-) . Since we believe we fixed it, I haven't seen a confirmed case of a trade getting botched. It is entirely possible there is some other funky scenario we missed, and it can still happen, but I haven't had one confirmed case of this problem since we believe we fixed it.

If you, or anyone, thinks you have seen a trade fail to go through that should have, I'd encourage you to PM me with the details and I can try to investigate. But I think at this point, most or all of it is people reacting to things that were fixed long ago.

I'm going to actually get back to work now ;-)
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby wrveres » Wed May 23, 2007 1:43 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote: But I think at this point, most or all of it is people reacting to things that were fixed long ago.

I'm going to actually get back to work now ;-)

I will say I haven't seen it recently ..
thanks.

All work and no play makes for a dull genie. O:-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby fezzik » Wed May 23, 2007 2:08 pm

It happened to me in 2004...it was displayed as vetoed on the transaction log, and the commish said he didn't do anything. The email I got from Yahoo said something about the trade resulting in an illegal roster, but if it's fixed this year...sweet. ;-D
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby SendHelp » Wed May 23, 2007 2:16 pm

FSG, i apologize for asking your advice and not taking it. but i was left with some doubt in my mind last night before you checked the code and decided to eliminate any risk !+)

also i have iwamura coming off the DL in a few days and likely would have made the drop then anyway.
SendHelp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dorny » Wed May 23, 2007 2:24 pm

I had posed this same type of question in the Draft Trade Keeper forum a couple days ago. I made a drop last night to be safe, kind of wish I would have seen this or waited until today so I would have seen it. I guess I made the drop to get Thome back in my lineup more than anything though so no big deal.

Thanks for the info, it will help in the future.
Dorny
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers