yahoo help - pending trade and DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

yahoo help - pending trade and DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SendHelp » Wed May 23, 2007 12:52 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I agree with WR and disagree with Rounders. I have seen numerous trades cancelled out for this reason. If it happens, just ask the commish to put it through manually and explain what happened to the league.

great idea but where were you last night? !+)
SendHelp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed May 23, 2007 12:55 pm

SendHelp wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I agree with WR and disagree with Rounders. I have seen numerous trades cancelled out for this reason. If it happens, just ask the commish to put it through manually and explain what happened to the league.

If you must know, I was involved in a playoff pool match.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby wrveres » Wed May 23, 2007 12:57 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
SendHelp wrote:

aaahhh Disappointed.

I thought for sure it was going to be ..

"enjoying some pizza and crackers"
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed May 23, 2007 1:03 pm

To quote the big guy, "I find your lack of faith disturbing." ;-)

I had asked another guy here this morning, and he also said he believed your trade would go through just fine. Based on the naysaying and warnings here, I just went through the code in question, and I see nothing that would lead me to believe you would have had a problem.

It is always possible that we were both wrong, and that I missed something when I crawled through the code, but I'm pretty sure you did not need to drop that player and move Dotel off your DL to have the trade go through.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Lofunzo » Wed May 23, 2007 1:03 pm

wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
SendHelp wrote:

aaahhh Disappointed.

I thought for sure it was going to be ..

"enjoying some pizza and crackers"

It would have been had this been posted here.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby MissingOakley » Wed May 23, 2007 1:18 pm

FSG if what you're saying is true, it contradicts the posted Yahoo rules... are you sure you're right? What if the trade was accepted after a player came off the DL, but was still occupying the "DL" spot on a team?

"However, once a player comes off the real-life DL, you will not be able to complete any transactions until you remove him from your team's DL. You will, however, be able to make intra-roster moves (switching players between bench and active) regardless of a player's DL status."

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/baseba ... ll-15.html
MissingOakley
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby wrveres » Wed May 23, 2007 1:19 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
It would have been had this been posted here.

I am smarter than the average bear :)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed May 23, 2007 1:22 pm

And as icing on the cake, I just walked through this exact case. Both where the commissioner manually accepted the trade, and where it was batch processed because enough time had passed. In both cases, the trade went through just fine, even if a manager had an uninjured player in the DL slot.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby wrveres » Wed May 23, 2007 1:24 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:To quote the big guy, "I find your lack of faith disturbing." ;-)

I had asked another guy here this morning, and he also said he believed your trade would go through just fine. Based on the naysaying and warnings here, I just went through the code in question, and I see nothing that would lead me to believe you would have had a problem.

It is always possible that we were both wrong, and that I missed something when I crawled through the code, but I'm pretty sure you did not need to drop that player and move Dotel off your DL to have the trade go through.

I have seen trades not go thru because a player was taken off of the DL after the trade has been accepted. We had a thread in here this spring with some guy freaking out over the same thing. The only other reason why a trade wouldn't go thru would be because of a veto, and that would show up on the log for everybody to see.

I am surprised this is the first you know of this.
Most guys that I know that play Yahoo have just accepted this as a Yahoo quirk, and make any necessary transactions we need to in order to get around it, or just have the commish fix it after the fact.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Wed May 23, 2007 1:26 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:And as icing on the cake, I just walked through this exact case. Both where the commissioner manually accepted the trade, and where it was batch processed because enough time had passed. In both cases, the trade went through just fine, even if a manager had an uninjured player in the DL slot.

that is shocking to me..

what else would cause a trade not to go thru other than veto?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers