yahoo help - pending trade and DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

yahoo help - pending trade and DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

yahoo help - pending trade and DL

Postby SendHelp » Tue May 22, 2007 11:52 pm

i have dotel on my DL. and i have a trade pending to be processed tomorrow. when dotel loses his DL tag in yahoo will that make my roster invalid, and void the trade?

i don't want to drop a player tonight because the trade is a 2-for-1 and i am freeing up a roster spot for dotel tomorrow.
Image
SendHelp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 492
Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: yahoo help - pending trade and DL

Postby wrveres » Wed May 23, 2007 2:59 am

SendHelp wrote:i have dotel on my DL. and i have a trade pending to be processed tomorrow. when dotel loses his DL tag in yahoo will that make my roster invalid, and void the trade?

i don't want to drop a player tonight because the trade is a 2-for-1 and i am freeing up a roster spot for dotel tomorrow.

Probably .... yes
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31778
(Past Year: 761)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Niffoc4 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:58 am

That's tough... I think you should wait and see. If not taking Dotel off of the DL nulls the trade, then you can just do the trade again after you cut the player who you would have cut if you hadn't stood pat. If Dotel's DL status doesn't null the trade then you're fine.
IIRC Yahoo gives you a few days to take a guy off of the DL, I am not sure how many days it is though.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1700
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: yahoo help - pending trade and DL

Postby Rounders » Wed May 23, 2007 8:55 am

SendHelp wrote:i have dotel on my DL. and i have a trade pending to be processed tomorrow. when dotel loses his DL tag in yahoo will that make my roster invalid, and void the trade?

i don't want to drop a player tonight because the trade is a 2-for-1 and i am freeing up a roster spot for dotel tomorrow.


I don't believe Yahoo voids a trade because of this. Since you accepted it before the DL tag was removed from Dotel, I believe it will go through as if he was still DLed. And then to make any further transactions you will have to move Dotel from your DL spot.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 898
Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: yahoo help - pending trade and DL

Postby Steve-o » Wed May 23, 2007 9:23 am

Rounders wrote:
SendHelp wrote:i have dotel on my DL. and i have a trade pending to be processed tomorrow. when dotel loses his DL tag in yahoo will that make my roster invalid, and void the trade?

i don't want to drop a player tonight because the trade is a 2-for-1 and i am freeing up a roster spot for dotel tomorrow.


I don't believe Yahoo voids a trade because of this. Since you accepted it before the DL tag was removed from Dotel, I believe it will go through as if he was still DLed. And then to make any further transactions you will have to move Dotel from your DL spot.


I disagree with this. I think that whenever thr DL tag is removed and the player remains in the DL slot, Yahoo will prevent you from making any additions to your roster, including trades. I am not quite sure how this works though.

Guess we will have to wait for the original poser to come back and give us an update.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1879
Joined: 7 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Finally back home. A sweet 15 mi from Miller Park.

Re: yahoo help - pending trade and DL

Postby Rounders » Wed May 23, 2007 9:25 am

Steve-o wrote:Guess we will have to wait for the original poser to come back and give us an update.


Unless Fantasy Sports Genie is around and can give us some insight.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 898
Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed May 23, 2007 11:36 am

I agree with WR and disagree with Rounders. I have seen numerous trades cancelled out for this reason. If it happens, just ask the commish to put it through manually and explain what happened to the league.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 23, 2007 11:45 am

Lofunzo wrote:I agree with WR and disagree with Rounders. I have seen numerous trades cancelled out for this reason. If it happens, just ask the commish to put it through manually and explain what happened to the league.


thats the best idea yet.

I forgot about that...It may take a league vote however
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Lofunzo » Wed May 23, 2007 11:47 am

acsguitar wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I agree with WR and disagree with Rounders. I have seen numerous trades cancelled out for this reason. If it happens, just ask the commish to put it through manually and explain what happened to the league.


thats the best idea yet.

I forgot about that...It may take a league vote however


I don't see why. I usually try to let the league vote on everything but I don't see the need here. The trade was accepted and not vetoed. As the commish, I would just let the league know and be done with it.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby SendHelp » Wed May 23, 2007 12:45 pm

updating the situation. i PM'ed the genie and he said he thinks the trade would go thru - but he was not positive.

but i also read some posts on another board, and they seemed very confident it would void the trade. so to be safe i decided to make the drop last night. because the trade is very important to my team, and i didn't want to risk having to get the owner to agree again and passing it thru the veto again and waiting another 3-days, and i get to use dotel a day earlier this way too.
Image
SendHelp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 492
Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Philadelphia at Atlanta
(1:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(4:05 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact