Jose Reyes Owners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Reyes Owners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby activechamp2006 » Tue May 22, 2007 4:48 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
KronJon wrote:Well, I have 16 teams and never drafted Reyes once. I have 12 teams in 1st, 3 in 2nd, and one in 4th.

I was drafting A-Rod as much as possible. I had him ranked #2 behind Pujols. If I didn't get A-Rod, I usually ended up with a combination of Crawford and M-Cab.

Who are you playing against, the disabled? :-? You'll have to excuse me, but that claim sounds like a bit of a stretch. Hell, I'd have trouble believing you were in 16 leagues, period. I've heard of guys playing as many as a dozen leagues, but they've all crashed eventually and had to cut back. I just find it hard to believe that you play in 16 leagues, 75% of which are in 1st, and 94% of which are in the Top 2, heck, even if you are playing against the worst of the worst players.

I remember the good ol days when I first started playing fantasy baseball.. I played in 16 leagues :-D
I don't understand how anyone can play in that many now, it's like i've turned into a fantasy grandpa. I can't handle more then 3 or 4. :~(
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The G.O.A.T. » Tue May 22, 2007 4:50 pm

Drafted Reyes 6th in my 6x6 16 team H2H keeper league. I'd say it is probably an 8 on a scale of 10 on competitive scale. Right now I am in 3rd.

I agree though that drafting one player won't make your team. You just have to pick up the stats Jose doesn't bring elsewhere in your draft. I think a better question is asking people who drafted Pujols, Howard or Carpenter and where they are right now.
The G.O.A.T.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SignGuy » Tue May 22, 2007 4:55 pm

KronJon wrote:Well, I have 16 teams and never drafted Reyes once. I have 12 teams in 1st, 3 in 2nd, and one in 4th.

I was drafting A-Rod as much as possible. I had him ranked #2 behind Pujols. If I didn't get A-Rod, I usually ended up with a combination of Crawford and M-Cab.

I really hope you get paid to play fantasy sports. If not, well, i dont even know what to say that wouldnt offend you.
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby OT2000 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:02 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

Who are you playing against, the disabled? :-? You'll have to excuse me, but that claim sounds like a bit of a stretch. Hell, I'd have trouble believing you were in 16 leagues, period. I've heard of guys playing as many as a dozen leagues, but they've all crashed eventually and had to cut back. I just find it hard to believe that you play in 16 leagues, 75% of which are in 1st, and 94% of which are in the Top 2, heck, even if you are playing against the worst of the worst players.

No kidding.. I read the first 2 sentences, rolled my eyes and just kept scrolling down.
OT2000
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JTWood » Tue May 22, 2007 5:02 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

You're coming at this the wrong way. He's obviously playing against himself, so the real question is, "How on earth is he not in first place in those 4 leagues?"

;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Athrun340 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:08 pm

interesting thread .. i wanna do this last week but wasnt able to .. i was at the 8th spot in drafting so i ended up with hanley ramirez

well if i was able to draft reyes .. my rest of the draft would go like this

1. reyes
2. travis hafner
3. power hitter
4. power hitter
5. power hitter

just keep drafting HR hitters .. reyes is a one man wrecking crew in SB .. you could easily win the SB category with just him in the starting lineup
Athrun340
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J35J » Tue May 22, 2007 5:12 pm

Athrun340 wrote:interesting thread .. i wanna do this last week but wasnt able to .. i was at the 8th spot in drafting so i ended up with hanley ramirez
well if i was able to draft reyes .. my rest of the draft would go like this

1. reyes
2. travis hafner
3. power hitter
4. power hitter
5. power hitter

just keep drafting HR hitters .. reyes is a one man wrecking crew in SB .. you could easily win the SB category with just him in the starting lineup

You picked Hanley 8th overall?? 8-o
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 620)

Re: Jose Reyes Owners

Postby woodson_28 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:30 pm

jfg wrote:1. How high did you draft Reyes/ what did you trade for him?
2. What is your league format?
3. How competitive is your league?
4. What place are you in?

1. Took Reyes w/ the 5th pick in first round (Pujols, Howard, Soriano and Santana went before him - ARod went 6th).

2. H2H, yahoo nonkeeper, 7x7 (R,H,HR,RBI,AVG,SB,OBP)

3. 6 of us are very competitive, 3 are so-so, and 1 owner is mia. (10 team league)

4. 5th place - but I took a lot of performers that have struggled almost all year (Teixeira, Beltre, Andruw Jones). Also, I'm 3.5 GB from first ... whereas 7th place is 23.5 GB from first. Very tight race w/ the top 5 teams.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Tue May 22, 2007 5:40 pm

In our H2H keeper league, the guy who had Reyes ignored speed at the draft. He is currently in 5th in SBs and 4-3 in that category. He had to pick up Lofton and Crisp along the way to make up for the deficit he created at the draft.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby pokeyjoe » Tue May 22, 2007 5:42 pm

1. How high did you draft Reyes/ what did you trade for him?
2. What is your league format?
3. How competitive is your league?
4. What place are you in?

1. I drafted him seventh overall.
2. 6x6 16 team H2H dynasty in its first year
3. Fairly competitive. The balance of teams is pretty good.
4. 5th place, at 42-37-5. The difference between 4th and 9th is only 3 games.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers