Need a prospect to pick up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Need a prospect to pick up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need a prospect to pick up

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue May 22, 2007 1:55 pm

I'm going to activate Pence from my minor league which will open up a spot on my 8-man minor league roster. It's a 12-team league, so as you can imagine, the vast majority of BAs top 100 list is already owned.

Given who else I already have on my team, I'm set at outfield at starting pitching.

Are there any names that you can think of that I should grab? The league has a SS, 2B, and MI spot, so middle infielders are really valuable. We also have 3B, 1B, CI.

A couple of the guys I was thinking about
Matt Antonelli (2B/3B - Indians) - He's 22 in A+ ball (a little old), but had 46BB to only 31K in 189 ABt last year. This year, he's at 30BB to 31K so far, along with a .925 OPS, 5 HR and is 12 of 13 in steals.

Jared Goedert (2B/3B - Padres) - he just turned 22 and is only in A ball (also old), but has 15 homers and a 1.200+ OPS so far this year! He's also got good patience with 32BB and 23K in 140 AB

Eric Young, Jr (2B- Rockies) - Also just turned 22 in A+ had 87 steals last year! Is 22 of 27 so far this year. Decent plate discipline. Had 67 BB to 75K last year (with an .800 OPS). Struggling a bit this year, with only a .600 OPS and a 30/14 K/BB in 171 AB

Lars Anderson (1B) - 19 in A ball. Has a decent .850 OPS with 4 homers. But he's got 42Ks in 165 AB.

Any of these guys scream at you as buys or any specific comments about any of them? Any chance any of them get moved to the outfield?

Any other guys I haven't listed that you think I should research and/or pick up immediately?
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue May 22, 2007 4:13 pm

Antonelli plays for the Padres and Goedart plays for the Indians.

Of those guys I would pick up Lars Anderson, as he has big time power potential, but he is a few years away from helping you.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Wed May 23, 2007 3:03 pm

Lars Anderson is easily the best one there. He has huge potential, but as raiders_umpire said, he is a few years away.
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby powenM » Wed May 23, 2007 3:43 pm

;-D obvious choice
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Minor League & College Baseball