Livan Hernandez has shown back up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Livan Hernandez has shown back up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Livan Hernandez has shown back up

Postby mktgteach » Fri May 10, 2002 9:49 pm

It looks like the real Livan Hernandez showed up tonight

5 IP...9 hits...6 ER....2 BB 4 K's

Besides Mark Prior, are there any other Stud pitchers about to come up to the majors? I have heard the name Brett Myers, but no others.
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Sat May 11, 2002 4:52 am

Amazing, isn't it? Sometimes you could swear that there's a Livan imposter out there somewhere...

The Phillies seem to be unsure about whether to call Myers up in the immediate future. Never mind; he'll be up at some point this year. I've been tracking him for a while, and he looks excellent.

Dennis Tankersley made his debut last night and looked very good. His four walks don't worry me too much - a little nervousness is understandable. I've heard the ominous words "arm trouble" mentioned in connection with him though, and while I have no idea whether this is based on fact, it might be wise to proceed with caution.

Speaking of young Padres, Jake Peavy could potentially be called up fairly soon. From what I've heard, he has both top-notch stuff and smarts.

Moving to the AL, with pretty solid rumors that the Tigers would at least consider trading one of their starters (possibly Weaver?), Michael Maroth, who has looked unhittable at times in the minors, might get the call. If he does, he probably won't get too many wins (we're talking about Detroit, after all), but he could put up great whip and era numbers. Sleeper alert!

Rafael Soriano is up and looks like a decent gamble, but he's in the bullpen - the Mariners want to keep his workload down after he missed time due to injuries last season. He could be given some spot starts or make the rotation later in the year if he looks healthy, though.

I may be missing some guys, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head. Mario Ramos and Brandon Claussen may get mentioned in this context, but I don't really see them as having a fantasy impact this year.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers