Giambi trade/drug rumors - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giambi trade/drug rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 22, 2007 1:48 pm

Simulacrum wrote:I just saw an article in Injuries and Player Updates that says the Yanks are considering voiding his contract... if they're actually thinking of doing that, why wouldn't they consider a trade as well?

Nice void the guy for telling the truth let the rest of the league get away scot free.

Don't ask don't tell
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 22, 2007 1:59 pm

Giambi is still a pretty significant piece of the Yankee offense. Why are they trying so hard to get rid of him? Or is this just a media story for a slow day? :-?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Noggy » Tue May 22, 2007 2:04 pm

Unless I missed something, it's "unnamed sources" being used for this story and everyone's running around like it's a fact.
Noggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blankman » Tue May 22, 2007 2:46 pm

slomo007 wrote:Giambi is still a pretty significant piece of the Yankee offense. Why are they trying so hard to get rid of him? Or is this just a media story for a slow day? :-?

Slow day I think.

Giambi is important to this offense. I don't see them moving him because all they could get is junk.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Deuce » Tue May 22, 2007 3:16 pm

Simulacrum wrote:I just saw an article in Injuries and Player Updates that says the Yanks are considering voiding his contract... if they're actually thinking of doing that, why wouldn't they consider a trade as well?

If the Yankees void Giambi's contract, they should also have to void all otheir TV contracts. Do you really believe the Yankees didn't know he was on steroids before they signed him or even after his somewhat apology. Once again, hypocracy reigns.

I thought don't ask, don't tell was in reference to gays in the military!
Oh well, I never liked the Yankees anyway.
:-t
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue May 22, 2007 3:25 pm

how about giambi for joe saunders and scot shields? now that might help them out alittle more. i assume the angels could get more for ervin, thats why i didnt mention him.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Tue May 22, 2007 3:58 pm

Deuce wrote:

If the Yankees void Giambi's contract, they should also have to void all otheir TV contracts. Do you really believe the Yankees didn't know he was on steroids before they signed him or even after his somewhat apology. Once again, hypocracy reigns.

Why the heck would they have to void TV contracts? That makes no sense. How is that even related?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Tue May 22, 2007 6:41 pm

Deuce wrote:

That's a quality post right there. Are the Yankees the only team giving contracts to known users?? Don't think so. He seems to be breaking down and they might be looking into their options. I see no fault in that. Also, that is pretty ironic coming from a Giants fan with Bonds in your sig.

Personally, I think that the Post has the best sports page. Sure, they reach but that's the entire paper.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby LukeW9027 » Tue May 22, 2007 6:42 pm

I dont think Vlad would mind... O:-)
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Giambi

Postby wrveres » Wed May 23, 2007 9:52 am

no thread .. ?
Interesting :-?
for those that don't know ..

Yahoo wrote:Jason Giambi failed an amphetamines test within the last year, the Daily News reported Wednesday. The newspaper did not cite any sources in its report.

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers