CLICK IT OR TICKET - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

CLICK IT OR TICKET

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CLICK IT OR TICKET

Postby Lofunzo » Tue May 22, 2007 9:18 am

You know that we are approaching Memorial Day when this commercial is on twice every 15 minutes. ;-D

Man, I am still sick of this commercial. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 22, 2007 9:20 am

Has anyone here actually gotten pulled over specifically for not wearing a seat belt? I've never heard of it. I've heard of plenty of people getting pulled over for speeding and getting an extra citation for no seat belt.

IMO, this campaign is a joke. Quit spending my tax money reminding idiots to save their own lives.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby chadlincoln » Tue May 22, 2007 9:26 am

slomo007 wrote:Has anyone here actually gotten pulled over specifically for not wearing a seat belt? I've never heard of it. I've heard of plenty of people getting pulled over for speeding and getting an extra citation for no seat belt.

IMO, this campaign is a joke. Quit spending my tax money reminding idiots to save their own lives.
Five years ago I got pulled over because the guy with me didn't have his seatbelt on. True story.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Lofunzo » Tue May 22, 2007 9:27 am

slomo007 wrote:Has anyone here actually gotten pulled over specifically for not wearing a seat belt? I've never heard of it. I've heard of plenty of people getting pulled over for speeding and getting an extra citation for no seat belt.

I did. 2 years ago Memorial Day Friday. :-t

I had just started a job and a friend of mine said that I didn't need to go in because no one is in the office on Fridays, let alone this specific Friday. Being the new employee that I was at the time, I went in anyway. Well, traffic sucked on the way home so I took a back way home. They actually had a seatbelt checkpoint. An officer pointed at me to pull off to the side. By the time that I was able to find my PBA card, I already had ticket in hand. :-t

I do wear my seatbelt now, though. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby Madison » Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 am

Lofunzo wrote:They actually had a seatbelt checkpoint.

Got checkpoints here too. Never know when or where they will pop up, but they are not all that unusual to see and I know tons of people who have been given tickets for no seat belt. I even know of a few passengers who got tickets for no seat belt.

slomo007 wrote:Quit spending my tax money reminding idiots to save their own lives.

It's not just that, it's also easy money for the police force ;-) .
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Tue May 22, 2007 10:05 am

Madison wrote:It's not just that, it's also easy money for the police force ;-) .

Bingo... although I can't imagine the fine is very much, I'm pretty sure someone crunched the numbers and decided that there was a gold mine to be had from people not "clicking it." I'm not sure how effective this campaign is at convincing people who never used to wear seat belts to start wearing them. We all know a couple people who just won't wear them, and saying "click it or ticket" isn't going to convince them otherwise.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue May 22, 2007 10:10 am

Simple solution: Buckle your seatbelt.

I've had 4 close friends killed because they decided not to wear seat belts. The commercial may be annoying, but if it reminds one person to do it I think it's worth it.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RugbyD » Tue May 22, 2007 10:15 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Simple solution: Buckle your seatbelt.

I've had 4 close friends killed because they decided not to wear seat belts. The commercial may be annoying, but if it reminds one person to do it I think it's worth it.

to who? other people shouldn't have to pay for something I can easily remind people of myself if I so choose.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 22, 2007 10:16 am

i have...cop behind me and pulled me over specifically for that.

another time the cop next to me said "boy...i sure could stop and write some seatbelt tickets right now"...i felt like just saying "you know what, go ahead"

i normally wear mine but sometimes i dont and i think it should be my choice if i want to or not. instead of spending the money to have people patrol for this why not go out and look for some people committing some real crimes
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RugbyD » Tue May 22, 2007 10:19 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:instead of spending the money to have people patrol for this why not go out and look for some people committing some real crimes

because it's easier and less dangerous. Not sure how "To Protect and Serve" morphed into "To Be Your Nagging Mother". :-t
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk