Slowey Time? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Slowey Time?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon May 28, 2007 12:25 pm

RASportsnut wrote:Interesting prospect.

Question for those who've followed him:

I have Olsen & Robertson on my squad. Should I waive either of them for him?

No, wait and see with Slowey. Robertson and Olsen are both much better options at this point.

Kudos to GiantsFan14 for the sig.
BlueBandit24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Mon May 28, 2007 12:25 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:I guess Rotoworld agreed with me..

The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Kevin Slowey is likely to replace Ramon Ortiz in the Twins' rotation.
Ortiz has a 10.97 ERA this month and a long history of horrible pitching, while Slowey is 6-2 with a 1.54 ERA in nine starts at Triple-A. A control pitcher with just five walks in 64 1/3 innings at Rochester, Slowey has also shown the ability to miss bats with 57 strikeouts. He's one of the best, most underrated pitching prospects around and would have an immediate impact.

He is definitely underrated.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby superslugger616 » Mon May 28, 2007 12:48 pm

BRING UP GARZA AND HIS K POTENTIAL
superslugger616
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby King Tim » Mon May 28, 2007 12:52 pm

superslugger616 wrote:BRING UP GARZA AND HIS K POTENTIAL

He recently blasted the Twins front office about his performance in the spring, being sent down, and being forced to work on secondary stuff. I don't think we will see him for a while.
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby superslugger616 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:16 pm

King Tim wrote:
superslugger616 wrote:BRING UP GARZA AND HIS K POTENTIAL

He recently blasted the Twins front office about his performance in the spring, being sent down, and being forced to work on secondary stuff. I don't think we will see him for a while.

:~(
superslugger616
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Mon May 28, 2007 1:21 pm

My guess is that at the least Slowey will put up numbers like Sowers 06. The worst case scenario would be Mike Pelfrey #2.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby superslugger616 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:27 pm

Yoda wrote:My guess is that at the least Slowey will put up numbers like Sowers 06. The worst case scenario would be Mike Pelfrey #2.

haha if u say the least he'll do is Sowers 06, how can u say the worst case scenario is Pelfrey #2? Saying the least he'll do/worst case scenario is pretty much saying the same thing. So, the least he'll do is Pelfrey #2 :-o
superslugger616
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pirates4Life » Mon May 28, 2007 1:29 pm

Yoda wrote:My guess is that at the least Slowey will put up numbers like Sowers 06. The worst case scenario would be Mike Pelfrey #2.

Sowers arrived in the majors with a decent change-up and an offspeed pitch that could keep hitters honest.

From every report I've read, Slowey gets by with his fastball command and doesn't have anything else that's even average to fall back on.

If you tell a major league hitter that it's 90% certain that a fastball around 90 mph is coming, I don't think too many good major league hitters will be fooled very often no matter how good the placement is. If Slowey is forced into using pitches that he hasn't been throwing consistently in the minors, he could be in real trouble.
Pirates4Life
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Mon May 28, 2007 1:31 pm

superslugger616 wrote:

haha if u say the least he'll do is Sowers 06, how can u say the worst case scenario is Pelfrey #2? Saying the least he'll do/worst case scenario is pretty much saying the same thing. So, the least he'll do is Pelfrey #2 :-o

Yeah that didn't make any sense but I'm also under the influence... :-D

Maybe Sowers type numbers as best case and Pelfrey as worst? Does that make sense?
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 28, 2007 1:46 pm

this site http://cooperstownkid.blogspot.com says that Slowey will likely start Friday. the Twins play @Oakland on Friday night.

are there any type of projections for Slowey this season?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 74)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers