Brad Lidge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brad Lidge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BklynsFinest » Tue May 22, 2007 11:24 am

BillyHallDisciple wrote:... Let's not get too worked up here, folks - Brad Lidge has lost the closer's job not once, but twice. It's not like he's a lock to be effective if/when he does return to that role.

Yes, the first time he lost it he regained it back w/in 2-3 weeks!!
BklynsFinest
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby masarume » Tue May 22, 2007 2:20 pm

I find myself being hopeful here.

I have him since putting Streets on the DL. And although he is doing fantastic right now, put him in the closer role and he might collapse again.

So while he is putting up great numbers as a set up man, I somehow doubt his closer mentality.

A lose lose situation of sorts.
masarume

Hockey Mod
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby OT2000 » Tue May 22, 2007 3:05 pm

Why would Gardner make a change when he's got something thats working?

Dude could care less about your fantasy team, Wheeler has yet to blow a save and until he does I don't see any reason to get your hopes up with Lidge.

*Disclaimer.. I've got them both. & I'm just trying to be realistic. ;)
OT2000
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pangbones » Tue May 22, 2007 3:08 pm

I think the Lidge ship has sailed boyz. He had his chances, this year and last. I just don't see him closing again unless, he's traded, or Wheeler gets hurt. Now if Wheeler just starts blowing saves left and right, then maybe he'd get another crack, but I don't see it happening.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby uucrook3d » Tue May 22, 2007 4:11 pm

phil garner has never been one for logical choices. i still think lidge regains the job before the all-star break...
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Tue May 22, 2007 4:40 pm

I doubt they remove Wheeler unless it's performance-related. If he blows a save 2, 3 or more times then I'd bet Garner gives Lidge another shot at it. But if Wheeler keeps saving games instead of blowing saves, as Lidge did so many times, then he'll probably be in as long as he's holding it down unless Garner is interested in losing his job.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby OT2000 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:05 pm

it doesn't hurt to hope. ;-D
OT2000
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Young 8 » Tue May 22, 2007 6:55 pm

uucrook3d wrote:
Young 8 wrote:
DbacksRback wrote:
CruiseJD wrote:I could be wrong, but I think Lidge is wearing rose-colored glasses. What is hilarious is that the next day after that quote appeared, he gave up a game winning run in the 12th inning to the Giants.

Someone please explain why Wheeler should be pulled for Lidge? Look at each one's WHIP so far . . . 0.95 vs 1.52.

Would you want to have a closer with a WHIP of 1.52? I think Wheeler is the man, and it will take some serious blowups for him to lose the job.

you cant go by the whip for the season because we all know lidge was terrible in the begining. Look over his stats for the last month and you'll see
these two stat lines:

Player A:
16.1 ip
1W/ 1L
24 k's
1.10 era
.92 whip

Player B:
13 ip
0w/ 0L
13 k's
2.77 era
.77 whip

pitching in the 7th innings is not like pitching in the 9th

and we all know you are so impartial when it comes to lidge. i think half of your posts have been bashing him ;-)

seriously though, i would put money on him being back in the closer role. just the nature of the phil garner beast

yes, because instead all the Lidge owners (like you) are so IMPARTIAL .....

ROTFL
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby uucrook3d » Tue May 22, 2007 7:50 pm

Young 8 wrote:
uucrook3d wrote:
Young 8 wrote:
DbacksRback wrote:
CruiseJD wrote:I could be wrong, but I think Lidge is wearing rose-colored glasses. What is hilarious is that the next day after that quote appeared, he gave up a game winning run in the 12th inning to the Giants.

Someone please explain why Wheeler should be pulled for Lidge? Look at each one's WHIP so far . . . 0.95 vs 1.52.

Would you want to have a closer with a WHIP of 1.52? I think Wheeler is the man, and it will take some serious blowups for him to lose the job.

you cant go by the whip for the season because we all know lidge was terrible in the begining. Look over his stats for the last month and you'll see
these two stat lines:

Player A:
16.1 ip
1W/ 1L
24 k's
1.10 era
.92 whip

Player B:
13 ip
0w/ 0L
13 k's
2.77 era
.77 whip

pitching in the 7th innings is not like pitching in the 9th

and we all know you are so impartial when it comes to lidge. i think half of your posts have been bashing him ;-)

seriously though, i would put money on him being back in the closer role. just the nature of the phil garner beast

ROTFL

of course i want him to do well. yeah he is on my team but he was also once a dominant closer. it was fun watching him pitch. what is your reason to root against him?
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sixer03fan » Tue May 22, 2007 7:51 pm

[quote="uucrook3d"][quote="Young 8"][quote="uucrook3d"][quote="Young 8"][quote="DbacksRback"][quote="CruiseJD"]I could be wrong, but I think Lidge is wearing rose-colored glasses. What is hilarious is that the next day after that quote appeared, he gave up a game winning run in the 12th inning to the Giants.

Someone please explain why Wheeler should be pulled for Lidge? Look at each one's WHIP so far . . . [b]0.95 vs 1.52.[/b]

Would you want to have a closer with a WHIP of 1.52? I think Wheeler is the man, and it will take some serious blowups for him to lose the job.[/quote]

these two stat lines:

Player A:
16.1 ip
1W/ 1L
24 k's
1.10 era
.92 whip

Player B:
13 ip
0w/ 0L
13 k's
2.77 era
.77 whip

[/quote]

pitching in the 7th innings is not like pitching in the 9th[/quote]

seriously though, i would put money on him being back in the closer role. just the nature of the phil garner beast[/quote]

ROTFL[/quote]

of course i want him to do well. yeah he is on my team but he was also once a dominant closer. it was fun watching him pitch. what is your reason to root against him?[/quote]

he probably owns wheeler
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates