Kansas City Closer situation, Soria, Riske, Dotel. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Kansas City Closer situation, Soria, Riske, Dotel.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kansas City Closer situation, Soria, Riske, Dotel.

Postby antqbbgc » Mon May 21, 2007 4:05 pm

So whats the latest anyone has heard about Kansas Citys Closer situation. Is Soria still the closer for now, or has Riske taken over as the closer. And when is Dotel due to come off the disabled list,
and when he does will he immediately become the Closer, or will he be eased back in the the Closer role. I have heard so many differences in what is and what will be, and am not sure what to do. I have Soria and want to keep him if he is going to be the Closer, but on the other hand, would like to drop him and pick someone else up if he is not going to Close.
Oh, and also, how bout that Cub thing, where talk is of Dempster being switched over to a Starter, and Carlos Marmol becoming the Closer. Any truth in that, and if so, when would this take place.
antqbbgc Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SweetAurillia » Mon May 21, 2007 4:15 pm

Riske will not be closer. Dotel will close as soon as he gets back but will not pitch back to back days so Soria might get a save or two because of that.
[i]For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today[/i]
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby STLCards16 » Mon May 21, 2007 4:18 pm

About Dempster-

May 21 Updating a previous report, the Associated Press reports Chicago Cubs CL Ryan Dempster will not move into the starting rotation and instead will remain as the team's closer. The team said they wanted to keep Dempster as a reliever because of the experience he provides in the bullpen.
STLCards16
College Coach
College Coach

Postby uucrook3d » Mon May 21, 2007 4:52 pm

SweetAurillia wrote:Riske will not be closer. Dotel will close as soon as he gets back but will not pitch back to back days so Soria might get a save or two because of that.

i have not heard or seen the back to back days quote. dotel comes back tomorrow and should be good to go. unless it has been said to the media, i see no reason why dotel cannot pitch in back to back games
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby scott1360 » Mon May 21, 2007 5:53 pm

I believe the quote from Buddy Bell was that Dotel wont be able to pitch 3 or 4 days in a row, not 2
scott1360
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NittanyLions1 » Mon May 21, 2007 6:22 pm

Rototimes today
The Royals will activate Octavio Dotel from the DL Tuesday and immediately insert him into the closer role. However, Joakim Soria and David Riske could still get a few save chances when Dotel needs to rest, according to the Kansas City Star. "We're going to talk to Octavio and see how he feels," manager Buddy Bell said. "I don't think he's ready to go three or four days in a row right away. So we still might use Soria or (David) Riske in some save situations."
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RASportsnut » Tue May 22, 2007 12:16 pm

We are talking Kansas City here. Dotel won't have to pitch 3 or 4 days in a row in all likelihood, so he should gobble up all the save opportunities anyway.
RASportsnut
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates