Fantasy Before Reality - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Fantasy Before Reality

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Postby phin66 » Tue May 22, 2007 1:49 am

kudos for a well discussed philosophy that i agree with, although in the end i add one more thing. i try to pick one player on my favorite team and call him the lottery card in hopes that he'll do great enough while i watch my games so that i can enjoy the games more.
phin66
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 115
Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jamastaballa » Tue May 22, 2007 3:30 am

I try to do that too...I have Boof Bonser right now...he's been ok lately. It makes the fantasy baseball side of his success all the more sweet though. You're right, Phin.
jamastaballa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Posts: 428
Joined: 3 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Tavish » Tue May 22, 2007 4:25 pm

You have sinned against baseball. You will rot in baseball hell (think Astrodome without the AC) along with the Black Sox, Bartman, and the guy who can't catch a bag of peanuts from the vendor.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11071
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Wed May 23, 2007 7:38 am

Tavish wrote:You have sinned against baseball. You will rot in baseball hell (think Astrodome without the AC) along with the Black Sox, Bartman, and the guy who can't catch a bag of peanuts from the vendor.

Just as long as my fantasy team wins this season. ;-)
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby stupidgreen » Wed May 23, 2007 11:14 am

I just traded my beloved Stephen Drew for the hated Derek Jeter, but I have to try to win.
stupidgreen
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 226
Joined: 19 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jamastaballa » Wed May 23, 2007 1:46 pm

That must be a keeper league.
jamastaballa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Posts: 428
Joined: 3 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby J35J » Thu May 24, 2007 4:01 pm

Give him a break....he's a Cards fan. I'd be more worried about my fantasy team too if I lived in Saint Loooouuuueeeeeessssss. :-t


;-7
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 363)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Thu May 24, 2007 4:04 pm

J35J wrote:Give him a break....he's a Cards fan. I'd be more worried about my fantasy team too if I lived in Saint Loooouuuueeeeeessssss. :-t


;-7

You been drinking, Jason? Or did you not see that I was doing this last year? :-?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby J35J » Thu May 24, 2007 4:28 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
J35J wrote:Give him a break....he's a Cards fan. I'd be more worried about my fantasy team too if I lived in Saint Loooouuuueeeeeessssss. :-t


;-7

You been drinking, Jason? Or did you not see that I was doing this last year? :-?



so your not doing it this year? :-? ....maybe I should just admit to being drunk.... :-S
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 363)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Thu May 24, 2007 4:29 pm

J35J wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
J35J wrote:Give him a break....he's a Cards fan. I'd be more worried about my fantasy team too if I lived in Saint Loooouuuueeeeeessssss. :-t


;-7

You been drinking, Jason? Or did you not see that I was doing this last year? :-?



so your not doing it this year? :-? ....maybe I should just admit to being drunk.... :-S

Doing it then and now. Rooting for my fantasy team, that is. Not drinking.

:-b
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to Article Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact