first sig attempts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

first sig attempts

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

first sig attempts

Postby farrell_i » Mon May 21, 2007 2:24 am

what do you guys think? i tried to do some stuff with the players, but it all looked like crap. what are some good tricks to make the player look good?

barrett, pujols, morneau, figgins, braun, glaus, hardy, soriano, pence, rios, victorino
oswalt, hill, shields, gallardo, hughes, lilly, bailey, wolf, izzy, hoffman, accardo
farrell_i
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sportsfan1433 » Mon May 21, 2007 4:58 pm

well ive never made a sig but they look pretty good. The mairner one is pretty sweet. The only suggestions i can make(non sig maker) is to make lighter backgrounds so you can read the writing better. Also make the writing a lil bigger.
sportsfan1433
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby smoovethug » Mon May 21, 2007 7:27 pm

One thing I would suggest would be to make your players bigger. You don't really need to fit the whole player's body in the sig but moreso the top half. I know it's probably harder to do with multi-player sigs but it comes out looking better that way IMO.

With text simple is usually better. The text on your JJ Hardy looks fine. Small, simple font. Don't really worry about text for now though, that's one of the harder things to get down.

One of the simplest player effects I've messed with is simply to duplicate your player render and on the duplicate go to Filter > Pixelate > Fragment. Set that layer to color dodge or linear dodge. If it looks too bright just lower the opacity on it until it looks good.

Some good sites to look for tutorials...

http://www.deadlyfiregfx.com/forum/inde ... howforum=7
http://www.psdcentral.net/forums/index.php?showforum=68

;-D

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon May 21, 2007 10:32 pm

definitely make the players bigger. thats the main and one of the only flaws i see in your work as a first-timer. your stuff is quality for your first few tries though ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Contests and Showing Off