Andruw Jones - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Andruw Jones

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Andruw Jones

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Sun May 20, 2007 10:07 pm

Are the rewards you get worth the aggrevation you get from having him on your team? It seems like there are more downs than ups....and you are skeptical to bench him because you know the week that you do will be the 4 hr...12 rbi week.
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Mighty Trow » Mon May 21, 2007 12:44 pm

This is my first year as an Andruw Jones owner and so far he's the worst pick I made. Well, Zambrano is up there too.

I thought for sure he would have a monster year, it being a contract year. Last time I ever touch this guy...
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon May 21, 2007 12:46 pm

Not sure myself...this is my first year owning him and while he certainly seems to have put up the numbers in the past he's making me question trading Chris B. Young and a pick upgrade to get him for THIS year's value. !+) And to think that's a trade that had the entire league pissed off at me for ripping the other owner off. :-b
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby woodson_28 » Mon May 21, 2007 1:10 pm

I traded Jason Bay for Andruw Jones a few weeks back. I really needed the 10-15 more HR's, but so far, worst trade I've made yet.

Now I'm waiting for Andruw Jones to heat up on a crazy 4-6 HR week so I can trade him away for a more consistent player.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ursa » Mon May 21, 2007 1:23 pm

My sympathies to all of you. I had him last year and although his season overall numbers were good, they could have been so much better. I lost count of the amount of times he came up with bases loaded or two RISP and struck out. He'd go nuts occasionally and then have two weeks where I would have been better off playing the wire.

Never again.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby SendHelp » Mon May 21, 2007 2:29 pm

IMO not a good player in H2H. he's going to kill you in his bad weeks, and his good weeks you'll probably win HRs and RBIs by a landslide.

but if your league is roto with daily changes i think he's a good buy-low.
SendHelp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mrider » Mon May 21, 2007 4:04 pm

In Roto he is good. Well if you play him every day. He is one of those players who you have to play everyday. Because if you dan't start him that will be the day he will go nuts. I am still not worried about him in Roto although the drop to 6th in the lineup yesterday was upsetting.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon May 21, 2007 5:58 pm

geeeeeez people CHILL OUT :-° :-° :-° ....like this guy is going to do this all season, GIVE ME A BREAK...this is a guy who has hit what 92 homers and somethin like 257 rbi in the past 2 years combined? heck you have to go all the way back to his 2nd year in the league in 97 to find a season under 26 homers, and thats only cuz he had 400 ABs (only 2 years since then under 30)...you don't just go from hitting 51 and 41 HR in consecutive years to not doing jack...i mean yall gonna go post how big of a piece of crap Pujols is too? cuz they are in the same boat, its called a SLUMP, Miggy Cab is in the same boat, Bay was just there a couple weeks ago, i mean Manny is only hitting .245 with 6 homers so far gonna bash him to?? yall need to just chill out and let Druw Jones find his swing again, so he went 0-5 with 5 Ks IN BOSTON, i mean come on yeah it was a bad game but give the guy a break hes only produced better then about any other OF for the past decade...wow...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby MadDog36 » Mon May 21, 2007 10:27 pm

Well he's going to continue to be a pull hitter. Forget trying to go the other way. A recent interview quoted him by saying that he would remain a primary pull hitter. That's what I am, and that's it, he said.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1937)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates