Carlos Pena - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Carlos Pena

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Tue May 22, 2007 2:17 pm

Well my take on him is....he might be the next Ryan Shealy or he might be the next Ryan Howard....you just dont know....that's why we play the game.
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BTOWNHESS » Tue May 22, 2007 3:31 pm

BronxBomber2007 wrote:Well my take on him is....he might be the next Ryan Shealy or he might be the next Ryan Howard....you just dont know....that's why we play the game.

No offense but you are smoking crack cocaine if you think Carlos Pena has a snowball in hells chance of hitting 58 homers with 149 RBI's.
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Tue May 22, 2007 3:48 pm

Well you must be hitting the pipe if you arent educated enough to understand what I just said...."no offense"
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BTOWNHESS » Tue May 22, 2007 7:02 pm

BronxBomber2007 wrote:Well you must be hitting the pipe if you arent educated enough to understand what I just said...."no offense"

Look bud, its not my fault you used a piss poor analogy. And I understand clearly what you said. you "CLEARLY" said "next Ryan Howard"

To me that means breakout star, putting up ridiculous power numbers for an entire season, not just a 3 week stretch and winning an MVP award. Thats what I saw.
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Tue May 22, 2007 9:25 pm

Wow...I guess your need to go back and get your GED...if you qualify....Education is a powerful tool that should not be wasted....I will break this down to you in Elementary Temrs that will be Easier for you to understand....here is my quote:

"Well my take on him is....he might be the next Ryan Shealy or he might be the next Ryan Howard....you just dont know....that's why we play the game."

I said he might....you do know what the word might means...right?...well just in case you dont here is the definition (used to express possibility)...basically there is a chance....okay back to my statement....now that we have clerified the word "might"...He might be the next Ryan Shealy..sorry this is my mistake...I should have said Chris Shelton ( he was a player last year that started out the season hitting 9 hrs in the first 13 games and then fizzled out.... but the name is neither here nor there in your interpretation of the quote. I also said he "might" (used to express possibility not fact)( I know i think its that word "might" that must be throwing you off...its a tough word to understand...I should have used a simpler word) be the next Ryan Howard... then I go on to say....you just dont know.....In simple terms I was saying...that He could be a bust...such as Chris Shelton or have a breakout year...such as Ryan Howard...never did I state factually that he was the next Ryan Howard or would have that kind of year..I went on to say...there are no guarantees. Sorry Bud that this was so hard for you to understand. Think about that Ged.
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Danger » Tue May 22, 2007 9:36 pm

Fluke, nothing more. Flash in the pan (insert more synonyms).
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BTOWNHESS » Wed May 23, 2007 1:05 pm

BronxBomber2007 wrote:Wow...I guess your need to go back and get your GED...if you qualify....Education is a powerful tool that should not be wasted....I will break this down to you in Elementary Temrs that will be Easier for you to understand....here is my quote:

"Well my take on him is....he might be the next Ryan Shealy or he might be the next Ryan Howard....you just dont know....that's why we play the game."

I said he might....you do know what the word might means...right?...well just in case you dont here is the definition (used to express possibility)...basically there is a chance....okay back to my statement....now that we have clerified the word "might"...He might be the next Ryan Shealy..sorry this is my mistake...I should have said Chris Shelton ( he was a player last year that started out the season hitting 9 hrs in the first 13 games and then fizzled out.... but the name is neither here nor there in your interpretation of the quote. I also said he "might" (used to express possibility not fact)( I know i think its that word "might" that must be throwing you off...its a tough word to understand...I should have used a simpler word) be the next Ryan Howard... then I go on to say....you just dont know.....In simple terms I was saying...that He could be a bust...such as Chris Shelton or have a breakout year...such as Ryan Howard...never did I state factually that he was the next Ryan Howard or would have that kind of year..I went on to say...there are no guarantees. Sorry Bud that this was so hard for you to understand. Think about that Ged.

And I'll break it down even better for you.

You are an absolute brainless idiot for even using Carlos Pena and Ryan Howard in the same sentence.

Just to show the sheer stupidity with which your comparison is based no matter if you said "might" or not lets break this down-

Carlos Pena- In his 8th major league season with his 6th team he has finished with a batting average above .258 once in his career with Boston and thats because he only played in 18 games. His best power season was in 2004 with a whooping 27 homers to go along with a stellar .241 batting average. Outside of 2004 his best season was 18 homers with 50 RBI's and a .248 average.. Career average .247

Ryan Howard- .294 career average, .397 career OBP, Has hit 88 homers and 240 RBI's in hit first 1,000 At bats to go along with a disgustingly impressive 2006 campaign in which he secured the National League MVP ahead of people like Albert freakin Pujols.

So now maybe you can see no matter how many times you say "might" how absolutely insanely retarded it is to utter Carlos Pena's future with the current career of Ryan Howard. Maybe if you werent such a soft little girl when it came to a little critisizm I wouldnt have to sit here and spell out how dumb your comment was.
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby uclanima » Wed May 23, 2007 3:59 pm

anyone else think it's funny that the guy acting so smart said "clerified."
C McCann
1B Nomar
2B Freddy Sanchez
3B Eric Chavez
SS Hanley Ramirez
OF Manny, Abreu, Hamilton/Podsednik DL
Util Big Papi

RP Mariano, Papelbon, Jenks, Zumaya
SP Harden, Patterson, Jer.Weaver, Olsen, Ol.Perez, Maine, Lincecum, Looper, Gorzelanny
uclanima
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed May 23, 2007 4:25 pm

no i dont think this thread is funny in the least. BUT....

i do think carlos pena could be semi-valuable this year. here's why....

he's always had natural skill. people regarded him as one of the "pure hitters". i realize he's been cut and waived and designated for assignment and all that jazz but the guy did hit 27 homers already. hes hitting .310 now with 9 home runs already...would it really surprise anyone at this point if he hit 27 homers again with a .275-.280 avg and solid rbi numbers? tack on the fact that he is taking walks and his OPS is like .960. sounds like he could be worth the risk. if he slumps and goes back down the drain, you simply can put up the next dan johnson, jack cust, josh hamilton and be on your merry way, but its worth taking a flier on the guy.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates