Microsoft Access help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Microsoft Access help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Microsoft Access help

Postby RynMan » Sun May 20, 2007 2:02 am

Hey guys

This question has been bugging me for quite some time, and I never found out the answer.

If you have say, 3 tables, all linked via an ID number. How is the best way to set up a form/forms to enter data?

I tried putting all of the variables from all 3 tables on one form, but I'm sure I'm going to have issues because there will be 3 ID fields. Do you place them on 3 separate pages? This doesn't seem practical.

How would you do it?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sun May 20, 2007 1:17 pm

There is no problem (normally) with having multiple ID fields on a single form. Another option is to use a query to merge all the relevant information from the three tables into a single view. Then you can bind on the ID field of the query.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Sun May 20, 2007 5:40 pm

Amazinz wrote:There is no problem (normally) with having multiple ID fields on a single form. Another option is to use a query to merge all the relevant information from the three tables into a single view. Then you can bind on the ID field of the query.

Dammit! I posted this in GT because I'm sick of having to bother you with stupid simple database questions!! :-D I do appreciate the help though. :-) Thanks A.

Reexamining my data, it appears that I should probably just put all of my data in one table. There won't be any redundancy, which means I don't really require more than one table, right? :-o
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Sun May 20, 2007 5:59 pm

It's no problem. I'm not hunting you down. I just spotted the thread this morning sit here lonely. :-D

Yeah if there's no redundancy and every record for the most part use every field than it's far more efficient to have a single table.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Sun May 20, 2007 6:00 pm

Amazinz wrote:It's no problem. I'm not hunting you down. I just spotted the thread this morning sit here lonely. :-D

Yeah if there's no redundancy and every record for the most part use every field than it's far more efficient to have a single table.

!+)

Could have saved myself many hours of slamming my head against a wall. Thanks again hehe.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to General Talk