Dave Bush - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dave Bush

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dave Bush

Postby RaNe » Sat May 19, 2007 11:00 pm

I'm getting frustrated with this guy. Many chose him as a huge sleeper for this year, but so far I'm not sold. He has a 5+ ERA and I'm not so sure whether to hold on to him or not.

Is he droppable at this point?
RaNe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dave Bush

Postby Rotundor » Sat May 19, 2007 11:16 pm

RaNe wrote:I'm getting frustrated with this guy. Many chose him as a huge sleeper for this year, but so far I'm not sold. He has a 5+ ERA and I'm not so sure whether to hold on to him or not.

Is he droppable at this point?

he got dropped in my league and no one's picked him up in a day
Rotundor
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Sat May 19, 2007 11:20 pm

I never understood all the hype surrounding this guy....plus I dont think Bush has had one quality start this year....he gets lambasted every outing he pitches. I would be on pins and needles everytime I had this guy in my lineup.
Last edited by BronxBomber2007 on Sun May 20, 2007 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JoshExley » Sat May 19, 2007 11:23 pm

BronxBomber2007 wrote:I never understood all the hype surrounding this guy....plus I dont think Bush hasn't had one quality start this year....he gets lambasted every outing he pitches. I would be on pins and needles everytime I had this guy in my lineup.

I'm with you. So many guys hype him and talk about his peripherals. Problem is, it hasn't done a thing FOR him.
Someone jumped on him early in our draft. Very early. I wasn't going to touch hm. Experts still hype him, but I'll stay away.
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mweir145 » Sun May 20, 2007 12:04 am

Last year his ERA was over 5 about this time as well, but I stuck with him throughout the year, and he finished off fairly well.

Today's start was good, they just left him out one inning too long, and the bullpen allowed one of his runners to score (unfortunately that's happened to him a lot this year, making his numbers look much worse than they should be).
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby pangbones » Sun May 20, 2007 12:22 am

I dropped him in one league for Lincecum. My pitching staff in that league is good, so I took the risk on Lincecum. I am keeping him in the other league I own him in. He was dropped last year like 4 times in my main league. It really depends on who you have and who is available.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby DolphinsAllTheWay » Sun May 20, 2007 12:28 am

mweir145 wrote:Last year his ERA was over 5 about this time as well, but I stuck with him throughout the year, and he finished off fairly well.

Today's start was good, they just left him out one inning too long, and the bullpen allowed one of his runners to score (unfortunately that's happened to him a lot this year, making his numbers look much worse than they should be).

Its always bad luck with him or someone always finds a worthless stat to make him look better than he really is. Bush is the most overrated pitcher in fantasy baseball,
DolphinsAllTheWay
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Justblaze » Sun May 20, 2007 11:29 am

I doubt he the most overrated in fantasy baseball. But he is right up there for Most overrated in Fantasybaseballcafe. I traded for him, rather cheaply, at the beginning of the season but he has been horrible. I have since dropped him for Escobar. That was like a month ago though. I think he is just a two-start pitcher material or good for spot starts when you want to take a chance.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sun May 20, 2007 11:42 am

It seems like everyone who defends Dave Bush always says "they left him in one inning too long." I've seen that defense of him for nearly every time he's put up mediocre-to-lousy numbers in a game.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby schmidty » Sun May 20, 2007 1:57 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:It seems like everyone who defends Dave Bush always says "they left him in one inning too long." I've seen that defense of him for nearly every time he's put up mediocre-to-lousy numbers in a game.

It doesn't apply for the whole season, but the fact of the matter is that for his last 2 bad starts (5/3 vs Pitt and 5/19 vs Minn) the Brewers DID leave him in too long, and his bullpen has been letting him down. You can't blame Cafe members for picking Bush as a sleeper this year. He's 27, pitches for an improving team, has a good K rate, had an ERA disproportionately bigger than his WHIP.

That said, he's borderline droppable now, depending on who's on your FA list. His numbers are bad enough that I don't think anyone will rush to pick him up, and you can keep an eye on him waiting for him to put some good starts together. I know I'm giving serious consideration to dropping him for Randy Wolf - the next start will probably be the "do or die" one for Bush to stay on my team.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates