Redman has to go... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Atlanta Braves

Redman has to go...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Redman has to go...

Postby tooslim73 » Sat May 19, 2007 7:54 pm

...Sorry Redman they gave you a shot but your years a through...

BOSTON -- Surgery removed the discomfort that his ingrown toenail was creating. Now the only thing paining Mark Redman is the fact that he has yet to show the Braves that he still has the capability of finding success at the Major League level.

Coming off last week's successful rehab start for Triple-A Richmond, Redman entered Saturday's doubleheader against the Red Sox with optimism and hope that his ailing toe truly had been the problem. He exited it with the reality that his ERA had jumped from to 10.62 to 11.63.

After allowing a Mike Lowell grand slam in the fifth inning of the 13-3 loss the Braves suffered in the first game, Redman didn't exactly look like a 32-year-old pitcher who is concerned about his future employment. Instead, he provided indication that these most recent struggles were just a product of him making his first relief appearance since the 2000 season

"I guess you have to be prepared for anything," said Redman.

Redman's entrance into Saturday's game was necessitated when Anthony Lerew's tender right elbow limited him to just two innings. With Lerew's health in doubt and Lance Cormier at least two weeks away from being able to come off the disabled list, Braves manager Bobby Cox finds himself trying to decide who to start in next Saturday afternoon's game against the Phillies.

When asked about how he planned to utilize Redman over the next week, Cox wasn't ready to provide an explanation. His mind was focused on the second game of Saturday's doubleheader.

"I haven't thought about anything but tonight's ballgame," Cox said.

When asked if Redman had at least shown him more velocity than he had before part of the nail on his right big toe was removed earlier this week, Cox didn't exactly respond in a glowing manner.

"I saw what I normally see of Redman," said Cox, who before Saturday had seen Redman make five starts, during which opponents hit .370 against him.

When the Braves begin facing National League opponents again on Tuesday, they may choose to add another offensive player. With the designated hitter rule in place this weekend, they currently have 13 pitchers and 12 position players on their 25-man roster.

Releasing Redman is an option. But at the same time, with Lerew possibly heading to the disabled list, Redman may get at least one more chance by getting the start against the Phillies.
tooslim73
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby atlbraves11 » Sat May 19, 2007 8:36 pm

he's been miserable. they need to release him and give harrison or someone a shot
atlbraves11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tooslim73 » Sat May 19, 2007 10:31 pm

Harrison's line looks good...

I do like how the Braves give their kids an early shot in the bigs...although it's been rough on our team here in Richmond for a while now....until this year.

...it would be nice if he made a stop in Richmond on the way up.
tooslim73
College Coach
College Coach

Postby atlbraves11 » Tue May 22, 2007 8:31 pm

Redman released! devine called up
http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/arti ... p&c_id=atl
thank goodness

now who will be the 5th starter? bobby cox said he'd probably give a start to trey hodges or buddy carlyle. one possiblity i hadnt thought of until now is rafael soriano being a starter.
atlbraves11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tooslim73 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:07 am

Both Hodges and Carlyle have looked great here in Richmond...

Both throw from the right side....not sure who'll get called up....Hodges I'd guess.

See ya Redman !
tooslim73
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tooslim73 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:10 am

I can't see Soriano being a starter, the bullpen is very good. I hope it stays that way.

All they need is a 5 or 6 innings and a lead from the starters to get the Ws this year.
tooslim73
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Atlanta Braves