Hamilton brought to Hosp. Back to his old Habits???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Hamilton brought to Hosp. Back to his old Habits????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hamilton brought to Hosp. Back to his old Habits????

Postby Crystalstorm » Sat May 19, 2007 4:25 pm

Is it possible that J. Hamilton is back into his drug habits ????? He went in today for Gastroenits(what ever the heck it was.)and got released!!! Addictions are hard to beat.Has anyone else noticed his stats have sucked recently?? He must have been celebrating his good start to the season,a little to much !!!!
I'm dropping him.He needs a drug rehab again. :-/
Crystalstorm
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J.C.Fighter » Sat May 19, 2007 4:28 pm

J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby xxgobosoxxx » Sat May 19, 2007 4:29 pm

He's been clean for over a year, and of course its not impossible that he fell off the wagon, but you are leaping to conclusions.

He had a severe stomach ache, thats all we know right now, if I were his owner, I wouldn't be dropping him now.

Everyone deserves a second chance, Hamilton is a stud in the making and should be treated as such in fantasy terms.
Down 3, 8 straight.....The 2004 World Series Champions. The "Idiots". some gone, none forgotten.
xxgobosoxxx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Crystalstorm » Sat May 19, 2007 4:43 pm

xxgobosoxxx wrote:He's been clean for over a year, and of course its not impossible that he fell off the wagon, but you are leaping to conclusions.

He had a severe stomach ache, thats all we know right now, if I were his owner, I wouldn't be dropping him now.

Everyone deserves a second chance, Hamilton is a stud in the making and should be treated as such in fantasy terms.

Thats what Cocain or his Drug of choice can do to a stomache.Falling off the wagon is very easy to do.It happens to most Addicts.I should know.I've been on and off the wagon for years.My wife is also a Drug and Alcohol Counsler to boot.I here and know it all,when it comes to addictions.It isn't Fun.

For his sake I hope he didn't slip back into his old habits.I'd rather see him get help than continue playing Baseball.Even though I could use himon my team.I'm benching him ALL of next week.If he doesn't play in the next week,you know he's back to his old ways.I hope it's NOT so. :-/
Crystalstorm
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sat May 19, 2007 4:54 pm

Come on pal, there's really no need to jump to conclusions.

This is basically a severe stomach virus. I'm not a druggie, and I've had these on occasion. And I've never heard of cocaine or crack causing stomach problems - I'm sure they're not real easy on the stomach, but that would definitely be one of the very lesser symptoms.

The condition he has can last up to 10 days, so if he doesn't play a few games in a row, I would also not assume he's "up to his old habits."
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby clevername » Sat May 19, 2007 5:44 pm

we've all had gastroenteritis at some point.

It's not some uncommmon, mystical disease. It's a common viral infection causing vomiting and diarrhea. Some people have more pronounced responses and end up dehydrated from it, leading to ER visits for IV fluids. You receive your IV fluids and go home.

While Hamilton's past certainly brings the idea of slipping back into his addiction into question, there's nothing else about this story that is out of the ordinary. Recovering drug addicts get viral infections just like the rest of us.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby JoshExley » Sat May 19, 2007 6:00 pm

My Gradnmother gets that all the time.
Bet she's using crack again...

JHam is fine.
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mayor Daley » Sat May 19, 2007 7:07 pm

Breaking news. It's being reported that Josh Hamilton scratched his nose during batting practice. It's also being reported that he broke wind during the same batting practice. Oh my god. You know what this means. He MUST be back to using drugs again.

Jeeze give the guy a break.
Mayor Daley
College Coach
College Coach

Postby idealFX » Sat May 19, 2007 7:45 pm

JoshExley wrote:My Gradnmother gets that all the time.
Bet she's using crack again...

JHam is fine.

hahaha

dont fret; hamilton will hit a hot streak eventually
"I dont know who the Royals will have in centerfield now that Estebean German took one in the mouth on a fly ball. Probably Kerry Robinson which means that the Royals start with one out every 3 innings."

-Perlick
idealFX
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SuperS1989 » Sat May 19, 2007 8:00 pm

Take it easy on the guy, leave him alone. I'm sure hes fine, and hes a good fantasy player to boot. Poor guy cant have a stomach ache or the sniffles without people calling him a druggie again
SuperS1989
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates