Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Plus features - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Plus features

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Plus features

Postby CubsRefugee » Sat May 19, 2007 11:24 am

Can anyone tell me the basis of the stats under "News & Expert Advice, Lineup Analysis" for Baseball Plus 07? I thought they must be either (1) per game averages for some (undefined) time period or (2) player stats vs. the opposing team, but neither of these assumptions match individual players I checked as examples.

Also, there does not seem to be any difference between the "Suggested Lineup" and "Historical Performance" tabs. So, why are there two?

I can't find any place on Baseball Plus 07 to look up information about features like this if they aren't covered by footnote links. Features are not covered under Rules and asking questions under the Help Feature usually come back empty with only a link to reenter under the general (not Fantasy) Yahoo Answers feature. Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Yogi: Our game yesterday was interrupted by three streakers. Acquaintance: Were they male or female? Yogi: I don't know, they had bags over their heads. (True story)
CubsRefugee Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon May 21, 2007 5:05 pm

I'm in a Plus league but haven't played with the features. Giving this a friendly bump back to the top so maybe someone can answer this question for you. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RyeWhiskey » Mon May 21, 2007 9:43 pm

Unfortunately I cannot tell you how each of the categories are formed, but I can tell you what the difference is between "Historical Performance" and "Suggested Lineup," though it is minimal. As you noted, the stats from historical performance are identical to those of suggested lineup. The difference is that Yahoo! will change your lineup in suggested lineup, while under historical performance it will leave it intact. That is all. Keep in mind that these changes do not reflect on your roster, they are purely suggestions (sometimes terrible ones at that).

I have PLUS in one league and I use it solely for Stat Tracker, as well as the ability to see Buzz Index and other features under "Tools."
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Beginner's Forum