Oakland Athletics Closer Situation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Oakland Athletics Closer Situation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun May 20, 2007 1:05 am

touche omaha....

i had a problem with the closers thread for the longest time, but ive come to realize that the best way to handle it is to follow it habitually. it really is/can be the best source of info on closers ON THE INTERNET, but you just have to stay up to date with it. if you miss a few days then you have to shuffle through alot of nonsense.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun May 20, 2007 9:38 am

Snakes Gould wrote:touche omaha....

i had a problem with the closers thread for the longest time, but ive come to realize that the best way to handle it is to follow it habitually. it really is/can be the best source of info on closers ON THE INTERNET, but you just have to stay up to date with it. if you miss a few days then you have to shuffle through alot of nonsense.

I'll wake up in the morning and I'll have missed 5 pages of content. I'll skim through them for names I might be interested in news about, then check out the front page for any changes.

It is still a public forum so you're going to have all types, but the information is there. If you want to stay competitive in your league, you may have to work a little at it. :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby powenM » Sun May 20, 2007 9:51 am

Hmm sounds like this thread is turning out to be what u say the closer thread is like.
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby galacticat » Sun May 20, 2007 11:11 am

The "injury expert" on ESPN Radio's fantasy baseball program this morning said that he realistically expects Street to be unvailable for 6-8 weeks, not 2. With Halladay using my DL spot, I'm going to have to cut him loose if that's true. Crap!
galacticat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby zoos » Sun May 20, 2007 12:08 pm

check out latroy hawkins last season.
he had the same thing (ulnar never irritation) and he was back in a few weeks. like half a month or so.
so it could go either way.
zoos
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jfg » Sun May 20, 2007 2:18 pm

This is my last time complaining about the closers thread:

This is the way closer information should be relayed. It's easy and simple: I go to injury and player updates find Oakland A's closer thread read the latest information and that's it. No reading about the Blue Jays situation or any other team. You'll have to read substantially less bickering and it won't be hard to wade through it.

The closer sticky should be sentenced to death except for the front page and locked except to the person who edits the front page. All closer talk should be in the injury/player update section where it belongs and where it is very easy to sort through.

It really bugs me when someone asks about a closer situation in the right forum and gets pointed in the direction of a 200 page sticky. How hard is it to briefly summarize what has been discussed?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 95)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun May 20, 2007 2:24 pm

Then someone else in your league can hear first hand who the new closer of the Cubs is going to be. ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates