Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Jeff Niemann

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jeff Niemann

Postby powenM » Fri May 18, 2007 11:46 pm

Could i get some projections for him?

Hows he doing in the minors?

Also when will we most likely see him?
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat May 19, 2007 12:34 pm

I think we see him in Tampa in another month or so. He has been pretty good so far in Durham this year. His control has been fairly good and his K rate is great. He has struggled a bit with runners on, but that should get turned around with a bit more experience. As far as projections, I think he could turn into a stud SP even in Tampa and the AL East. I honestly think he will be the ace of the Devil Rays staff as soon as next year over Kazmir and Shields.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Inukchuk » Sat May 19, 2007 12:46 pm

I see a lot of optimism about him, but so far his minor league numbers aren't too impressive: 4.10ERA, 1.39WHIP. He does have 47K in 41IP, however. Any insight into why his ratios are a little high?
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby TMAC2DARAKBABY » Sat May 19, 2007 3:58 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:I think we see him in Tampa in another month or so. He has been pretty good so far in Durham this year. His control has been fairly good and his K rate is great. He has struggled a bit with runners on, but that should get turned around with a bit more experience. As far as projections, I think he could turn into a stud SP even in Tampa and the AL East. I honestly think he will be the ace of the Devil Rays staff as soon as next year over Kazmir and Shields.

;-D
TMAC2DARAKBABY
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nathanielwegman88 » Sun May 20, 2007 3:57 am

I like this guy alot

I signed him in my auction league as a minor league player and signed him to a long-term minor league contract (which will help me alot)

I look for 14-15 Wins per year, even in Tampa
nathanielwegman88
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun May 20, 2007 8:05 am

Inukchuk wrote:I see a lot of optimism about him, but so far his minor league numbers aren't too impressive: 4.10ERA, 1.39WHIP. He does have 47K in 41IP, however. Any insight into why his ratios are a little high?

He is struggling with runners on base. I think this is something he can correct with a bit more experience though.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby High Heater » Sun May 20, 2007 3:42 pm

TMAC2DARAKBABY wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:I think we see him in Tampa in another month or so. He has been pretty good so far in Durham this year. His control has been fairly good and his K rate is great. He has struggled a bit with runners on, but that should get turned around with a bit more experience. As far as projections, I think he could turn into a stud SP even in Tampa and the AL East. I honestly think he will be the ace of the Devil Rays staff as soon as next year over Kazmir and Shields.

;-D
;-D ;-D
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Mon May 21, 2007 1:47 am

Really? The ace of the staff over Kazmir? That is a bold statement.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon May 21, 2007 10:36 am

pokerplaya wrote:

Really? The ace of the staff over Kazmir? That is a bold statement.

Not really bold at all, he has superior talent over Kazmir.
raiders_umpire

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball