Thinking about dropping Abreu. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Thinking about dropping Abreu.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thinking about dropping Abreu.

Postby AdvRider » Fri May 18, 2007 12:01 pm

I don't have much confidence he'll emerge from this prolonged slump anytime soon. He seems off, way off (I watch him on TV regularly), as reflected in this line from the past month:

24/111 14 1 12 3 .216

Ack! I'm near the cellar thanks to anemic OF and feeling a need to roll the dice, Maybe Thorman. Granderson is on WW too. Chris B. Young. Am I crazy? Anyone see Abreu turning this around? :-?
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tuckerman85 » Fri May 18, 2007 12:05 pm

Don't do that. If anything trade him, although I try to avoid selling low.
tuckerman85
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CecilFieldersChoice » Fri May 18, 2007 12:09 pm

dont freak out. try to trade him if you can but you cannot drop him. he's still bobby abreu, someone will make you an offer for him.
CecilFieldersChoice
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby dynastykid22 » Fri May 18, 2007 12:16 pm

dont freak out. try to trade him if you can but you cannot drop him

;-D Try to trade him and keep your eye on Young ! He's a great source for runs, and has the occasional "Big Game", Only getting better.
Last edited by dynastykid22 on Fri May 18, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dynastykid22
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Thinking about dropping Abreu.

Postby ivanhack » Fri May 18, 2007 12:29 pm

yes, you're crazy.

there's no way you can just waive abreu. at the very least you can trade him, although his value won't be any lower than it is now.

he's in a loaded lineup and he's proven, don't panic.

AdvRider wrote:I don't have much confidence he'll emerge from this prolonged slump anytime soon. He seems off, way off (I watch him on TV regularly), as reflected in this line from the past month:

24/111 14 1 12 3 .216

Ack! I'm near the cellar thanks to anemic OF and feeling a need to roll the dice, Maybe Thorman. Granderson is on WW too. Chris B. Young. Am I crazy? Anyone see Abreu turning this around? :-?
ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pangbones » Fri May 18, 2007 12:37 pm

Don't drop him. He's a career .300 hitter, and has a career OBP of over .400. He hits in the best lineup in baseball, (at least it should be the best in baseball), and though his power has been lacking the past 2 years, he still should score tons of runs and knock in plenty of runs, not to mention the 20 + SB's he's capable of. Maybe this will be his worst season in a long time, but I'm confident he'll be much better than he has so far.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby MasterO » Fri May 18, 2007 12:49 pm

I think you should save a bench spot for him for now. If you trade him you wont get much value right now. Come on, think! Were talking about Bobby Abreu, the man is a stud, he will come out of the funk, the season is early. Plus I think I remember him being a slow starter and pickin it up in June and July. HEY, its still may.
MasterO
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby phin66 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:26 pm

i'd pick up young no matter what you decide but if abreu's the worst you have in OF there must be someone else on your team you can drop besides him. in the meantime try to trade him.
phin66
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AdvRider » Fri May 18, 2007 1:28 pm

You guys are no fun! !+) :*) :-)

MasterO wrote:Come on, think! Were talking about Bobby Abreu, the man is a stud, he will come out of the funk, the season is early. Plus I think I remember him being a slow starter and pickin it up in June and July.

The same stud who hit a whopping 6 HRs in the second half of the 2005 season after shattering the All-Star Home Run Derby record with 41? I had him that year and probably I soured on him in that lackluster second half. Then just 15 HRs last year. This year I'm desperate for HRs.

Maybe someone will swap me Vernon Wells for Abreu. Oh yeah, and Hunter Pence is available on the WW...
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 17)

Postby dc928 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:59 pm

Abreu give you so much more than just HR. He will probably finish with a .300 avg, .400 OBP, 10 to 15 HR with 25 or more steals. He will probably be move back to the 3rd spot once he is out of the funk. Once he did he will scores tons of runs and drive in more than 100 Rbis. At worst I think he is going to end out scoring 100 runs and drive in close to 100 Rbis. I don't think you can just drop him. You could have probably trade him.
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates