Need Owners for New Keeper Heat-to-Head - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Need Owners for New Keeper Heat-to-Head

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need Owners for New Keeper Heat-to-Head

Postby rubbersoul » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:33 pm

Are you looking for a new keeper league?

I've participated in a 14 team keeper league for 6 years now. The scoring is head-to-head with games running M-Th, F-Su. The scoring is a formula created by a friend of mine that includes 16 offensive stats and 9 pitching stats. I'm not overly impressed with some of the recent changes that have occured in this league and so my solution is to start a parallel league that uses the same formulas but with a new group of owners and a new draft. If you're interested in hearing more let me know. I'm hoping to get owners from all over the country. I'm looking for people who enjoy fantasy baseball primarily because they're serious about real baseball not because they're neurotic about winning. Contact me if that's you: mailto:cgoodwin13@hotmail.com. Please make the subjuct of your email "New Fantasy Baseball League" so I don't mistake it for spam. Thanks.
rubbersoul
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

More Info

Postby rubbersoul » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:29 pm

OK, since I'm not getting the type of response I expected I'll post a little more info here.

--14 teams, 2 leagues
--Head-to-head scoring with most games against team within your league, one "inter-league" game with each team in the opposing league
--Custom formulas rank MLB players performance over a 3-4 day stretch, higher scores reflecting what would be considered a good game in real MLB
--Teams score c,1b,2b,3b,ss,3 of, 3 sp, and 2 rp each game
--3 round playoffs at the end of the season resulting in a league champion
--rosters:30 active 5 minor league (or inactive)
--a small percentage of players will need to be released at the end of each season so that we can have a small draft each pre-season
--supplemental drafts will be held regularly to draft from players on the waiver wire
--i'm leaning towards a $50.00 entrance fee to cover the cost of the stat site and then cash prizes for champion, runner up, league regular season champions, etc, etc.
rubbersoul
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds