Justin Duchscherer receiving a cortisone shot in his hip - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Justin Duchscherer receiving a cortisone shot in his hip

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Justin Duchscherer receiving a cortisone shot in his hip

Postby The Bunter » Thu May 17, 2007 6:14 pm

The news:
"Justin Duchscherer will get at least a couple of more days off after receiving a cortisone shot for his sore hip on Thursday.
Duchscherer is supposed to be Oakland's closer with Huston Street out, but he's been available since Monday, when he took a loss. Sunday is the easliest that he might pitch again."

I'm not too familiair with cortisone. Is it gonna help him or this is a bad sign and should just agravate his situation?

I picked him up to fill the gap while Street is on the DL, but i could use this hole in my lineup to go get another player. I'm leading my league in saves anyway and got 2 other solid closers.

???
The Bunter
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Justin Duchscherer receiving a cortisone shot in his hip

Postby KTM » Fri May 18, 2007 7:53 pm

The Bunter wrote:The news:
"Justin Duchscherer will get at least a couple of more days off after receiving a cortisone shot for his sore hip on Thursday.
Duchscherer is supposed to be Oakland's closer with Huston Street out, but he's been available since Monday, when he took a loss. Sunday is the easliest that he might pitch again."

I'm not too familiair with cortisone. Is it gonna help him or this is a bad sign and should just agravate his situation?

I picked him up to fill the gap while Street is on the DL, but i could use this hole in my lineup to go get another player. I'm leading my league in saves anyway and got 2 other solid closers.

???

cortisone is a mlb approved steroid that reduces swelling and irritation in joints. Helps in the short term and sometimes speeds recovery. If you have him you might as well keep him till he gets a couple of saves then trade him if you want. Street will probably be out awhile - more than the 15 days of the DL.
KTM
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates