Does anyone know a good restaurant to eat at? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Does anyone know a good restaurant to eat at?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby knapplc » Fri May 18, 2007 8:32 am

The food that gives me gas is beef. If I eat a big steak or a large helping of roast beef I burp a LOT, and later on it turns to gas.

Also if I go vegetarian for a day or two I get all gassy.

I've never heard of Italian making someone gassy, but we're all so different on the inside that it doesn't surprise me.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Fri May 18, 2007 9:01 am

I just don't think people should limit themselves from eating an entire field of cuisine because they don't like a particular ingredient, or because olive oil gives you gas... of course, most all restaurants use olive oil to cook a lot of things.

I love Italian of course, and Mexican, Chinese, Japanese... there's a great German restaurant in Hagerstown I like to go to, and some awesome Indian places in Harrisburg. And you haven't lived until you have some real, Spanish tapas. A Lebanese restaurant recently opened and I can't wait to try it... I'm a big "kabob" fan.

My favorite though would have to be Thai.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 18, 2007 9:17 am

Coppermine wrote:I just don't think people should limit themselves from eating an entire field of cuisine because they don't like a particular ingredient, or because olive oil gives you gas... of course, most all restaurants use olive oil to cook a lot of things.

I love Italian of course, and Mexican, Chinese, Japanese... there's a great German restaurant in Hagerstown I like to go to, and some awesome Indian places in Harrisburg. And you haven't lived until you have some real, Spanish tapas. A Lebanese restaurant recently opened and I can't wait to try it... I'm a big "kabob" fan.

man...now i dont know what to get for dinner tonight...those all sound good.

i'd have a tough time ranking my favorite Ethnic cuisines, but here it goes

Japanese - sushi :-L plus that tepanyaki grill stuff is awesome too, and that bowl of Ramen i got in Japan was one of the best meals ever.
Italian - especially if veal counts. god i love veal :-L... :-? maybe that finds it's way into my belly tonight
Mexican mmm...chips and salsa and cheesy covered goodness. i really like Mexican Sandwiches
Thai i like the sweet and spicy contrast of the Gang Gai or Pad Ped with the coconut milk and curry
Middle Eastern Chicken Schwarma with garlic sauce and hummus ;-D they also make really good lambchops ;-D
Chinese i like it, but most of the places in my area...it's just kind of garbage. i hear the East Coast (and probably West Coast) cities have way better chinese food. PF Changs however ;-D

i'm not going to rank the Germans, Hungarians, Indian and other niche cuisines

i'd probably put good old American food (steak, burgers, seafood) #1
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Fri May 18, 2007 9:50 am

Nice round-up Lambskin...

I once read that over 90% of all Asian-Americans live on the coasts.

Tonight is looking like a sushi night for me; but I'm right with you on the veal... a good veal marsala beats just about anything.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 18, 2007 9:57 am

You guys have to try Etheopian food. It's a blast. They don't use cutlery, you eat with your hands! :-B They give you these big fluffy pancakes, you rip of pieces off the pancakes and use it to pick up meat or veggies. Ususally pretty spicy stuff, lots of potatoes and goat. It's fun and goes great with beer plus it's dirt cheap.

Tes-Mex is best. I love refried beans. I get a hankering every month or so, anything more and I would get sick of it.

btw - kimchi chigae is horrible. Don't go near it. You've been warned.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby Coppermine » Fri May 18, 2007 10:04 am

I'd love to try Ethiopian food; there's a restaurant in Frederick that I've just never made it to.

I'm not really a big fan of kimchi either, and I love Asian food.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Fri May 18, 2007 10:48 am

btw - kimchi chigae is horrible. Don't go near him. You've been warned.

Fixed it for you. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 18, 2007 10:53 am

Coppermine wrote:Nice round-up Lambskin...

I once read that over 90% of all Asian-Americans live on the coasts.

Tonight is looking like a sushi night for me; but I'm right with you on the veal... a good veal marsala beats just about anything.

i'm a big fan of the picatta (the one with lemon juice and capers)...yes, it might just be veal night

Coppermine wrote:I'd love to try Ethiopian food; there's a restaurant in Frederick that I've just never made it to.

I'm not really a big fan of kimchi either, and I love Asian food.

i kind of like it...

i also love that seaweed salad stuff ;-D
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RyanK » Fri May 18, 2007 11:22 am

ironman wrote:
RyanK wrote:
Cubsin2100 wrote: Do you like the television show Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Salute Your Shorts is much better

Better than You Can't Do That on Television?

tad before my time.. i barely remember salute your shorts...
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby ironman » Fri May 18, 2007 12:51 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I just don't think people should limit themselves from eating an entire field of cuisine because they don't like a particular ingredient, or because olive oil gives you gas... of course, most all restaurants use olive oil to cook a lot of things.

man...now i dont know what to get for dinner tonight...those all sound good.

i'd have a tough time ranking my favorite Ethnic cuisines, but here it goes

Japanese - sushi :-L plus that tepanyaki grill stuff is awesome too, and that bowl of Ramen i got in Japan was one of the best meals ever.
Italian - especially if veal counts. god i love veal :-L... :-? maybe that finds it's way into my belly tonight
Mexican mmm...chips and salsa and cheesy covered goodness. i really like Mexican Sandwiches
Thai i like the sweet and spicy contrast of the Gang Gai or Pad Ped with the coconut milk and curry
Middle Eastern Chicken Schwarma with garlic sauce and hummus ;-D they also make really good lambchops ;-D
Chinese i like it, but most of the places in my area...it's just kind of garbage. i hear the East Coast (and probably West Coast) cities have way better chinese food. PF Changs however ;-D

i'm not going to rank the Germans, Hungarians, Indian and other niche cuisines

i'd probably put good old American food (steak, burgers, seafood) #1

I love Thai and SE Asian food. Chinese restaurants here are a dime a dozen and most are pretty bad. A bunch of dishes served in heavy often times syrupy sauces with no real flavor to them. But we have a couple of Thai and Vietnamese restaurants that are outstanding. Good pad thai and curries.

We have two Japanese steakhouses but I haven't tried either. I've heard good things about both though. I think we're going to one next weekend.

Mexican food. It's amazing how things have changed. I remember back in the day when Chi-Chi's came out it was like this amazing place that served "real" Mexican food. Now places like that or Carlos O'Kelly's are laughable compared to some outstanding mom & pop cafes that have popped up in the last 5 years. The influx of Mexican immigrants has brought some great food to our area. We frequent this little place that makes homemade tamales that are phenomenal.

Italian. Unfortunately for me the closest we get is Olive Garden or Biaggi's. There are a few places in Dubuque and Galena that are decent and there's a great place in Muscatine that has the best pizza.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk