DirecTV Extra Innings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

DirecTV Extra Innings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bell » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:57 am

TheYanks04 wrote:
moose wrote:Never. I'll never join the Dark Side. B-)

Ahem...it is all relative as from the Bronx point of view, you are already on the Dark Side...time to come over to the light... ;-)

Relative, indeed. The rest of us might say that the Dark Side consists of both New York teams. :-D ;-D
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moose » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:00 am

bell wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:

Ahem...it is all relative as from the Bronx point of view, you are already on the Dark Side...time to come over to the light... ;-)

Relative, indeed. The rest of us might say that the Dark Side consists of both New York teams. :-D ;-D

bah !+)
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby swingaway » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:05 am

bell wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:

i agree lol.anyway i used to buy extra innings but instead found it cheaper just to buy the sports pack and get all the fox reginal networks and the msg and yes network. Is only like 20 bucks more a month and plus u get a varity of shows with it. But the draw back is that you get to see like 12 games a night.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby swingaway » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:06 am

bell wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:

i agree lol.anyway i used to buy extra innings but instead found it cheaper just to buy the sports pack and get all the fox reginal networks and the msg and yes network. Is only like 12 bucks more a month and plus u get a varity of shows with it. But the draw back is that you get to see like 16 games a nightand that includes tbs, wgn and all the other local stuff.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby moose » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:10 am

Is this DirectTV? Because with Dish, I bought the Fox package. Every single MLB game is blacked out. Their bball coverage sucks.
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:14 am

MLB Xtra innings I think is an exclusive to DTV. As is the rights to those games via satellite. Since it costs zip to get DTV intstalled, I would switch unless you have a particular reason to have Dish Net over DTV? DO not think the monthly charges really are that much different.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bell » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:20 am

TheYanks04 wrote:MLB Xtra innings I think is an exclusive to DTV. As is the rights to those games via satellite. Since it costs zip to get DTV intstalled, I would switch unless you have a particular reason to have Dish Net over DTV? DO not think the monthly charges really are that much different.

My local cable carrier (Cox) offers MLB Extra Innings.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:26 am

Cable is different. I think DTV gets an exclusive for satellite on both MLB and the Yes Network.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tread42 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:48 pm

Here's a general question. If I subscribe to the Sports Pack with the various Fox Sports and the Cubs are on Fox Sports Chicago, do I get their game? I am not in the Cubs local market. I don't really have a local market, the Cardinals are about 200 miles away so they are about as local as it gets .

Someone, mentioned they got the Sports Pack and not the MLB Extra Inning package so I wondered if anyone could shed some light on the subject?
Regards,

Tread42
Tread42
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:50 pm

The Sports Pack does NOT give you non-local professional games. You will get the local sports news and entertainment shows and the high-school games and some other nonsense, but any sport that DirecTv sells a package for will have all non-local games blacked out.

If you want all the games, you MUST buy each sports individual package.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers