Fausto Carmona - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fausto Carmona

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby theultimate69 » Fri May 18, 2007 3:04 am

byfrcp wrote:
theultimate69 wrote:
dougbies wrote:i would sell him if you could. i see him as this years chen meng-wang.

Why would you sell him if he's this year's Chien-Ming Wang? :-?

Mediocre ERA, Bad WHIP, VERY Low K's

A 3.63 ERA in 2006 is not mediocre. Also, most hitters and baseball experts alike would attest to Wang's success being completely legit. He owns a pitch that is considered to be the best of its kind in the league (hard sinker), and has shown flashes of absolute brilliance on many occasions, the most recent being the perfect game into the 8th inning. Point is, his stats were certainly not mediocre last year and they only project to improve going into the future.
theultimate69
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DVauthrin » Fri May 18, 2007 3:04 am

Members Only Jackets wrote:sell high.....

I really wouldn't be so quick to do that. his sinker has ridiculous downward movement. he's no fluke.
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)

Postby wrveres » Fri May 18, 2007 3:07 am

theultimate69 wrote:
byfrcp wrote:
theultimate69 wrote:
dougbies wrote:i would sell him if you could. i see him as this years chen meng-wang.

A 3.63 ERA in 2006 is not mediocre. Also, most hitters and baseball experts alike would attest to Wang's success being completely legit. He owns a pitch that is considered to be the best of its kind in the league (hard sinker), and has shown flashes of absolute brilliance on many occasions, the most recent being the perfect game into the 8th inning. Point is, his stats were certainly not mediocre last year and they only project to improve going into the future.

The problem with Wang as his been pointed out a few times in here though is his K's. It forces the rest of your staff to compensate heavily for his lack of production. If his ratios were lights out, then maybe I could see it. He is good for wins, and that is really about it.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby theultimate69 » Fri May 18, 2007 3:39 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
wrveres wrote:
SignGuy wrote:
wrveres wrote:No chance of spelling his name correctly?

Didnt realize this was English 101.

Are oyu one of thsoe peple who cringe and get all anxious whne words are misspelled adn it dirves you crazy for no apparent reason??

i;ll see if i can fix that for ya

In the time it took you to type all that, and make yourself look even more foolish, you could have edited your original post and fixed the spelling probably four times over.
Which one do you think would have been more productive?

awesome.

You better go back and capitalize that a right now.
theultimate69
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rjforlife » Fri May 18, 2007 3:50 am

DVauthrin wrote:

I really wouldn't be so quick to do that. his sinker has ridiculous downward movement. he's no fluke.

he no fluke but by selling high we are talking about getting a proven arm for him i wouldnt hesitate....get a webb/smoltz, even sheets, who looked good today. i would consider that selling high and would trade carmona in a flash for any of them
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Postby DVauthrin » Fri May 18, 2007 4:52 am

rjforlife wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:

he no fluke but by selling high we are talking about getting a proven arm for him i wouldnt hesitate....get a webb/smoltz, even sheets, who looked good today. i would consider that selling high and would trade carmona in a flash for any of them

if you can do that, by all means do it. but I don't see many people getting an ace for him. but i guess i've seen stranger things happen.
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Yoda » Fri May 18, 2007 11:36 am

theultimate69 wrote:
byfrcp wrote:
theultimate69 wrote:

I still see an ERA around 4.00 which is good but definitely not mediocre. He should also have plenty of Ws with a good defense and a high powered offense behind him. THe park he pitches in is pretty damn good also. Definitely exciting to see him pitch so well.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby NWSoxaholic » Fri May 18, 2007 1:04 pm

With Beckett missing 2 starts now- is he worth a pickup for a couple weeks to fill in? (Sorry- don't wanna make this a draft, trade, keeper question, but it kinda goes with the thread..)
NWSoxaholic
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Doughhead » Fri May 18, 2007 3:54 pm

DVauthrin wrote:I wasn't going to pick him up in my longterm keeper league, but after reading hunter's comments it changed my mind. when a hitter who has had it going good at the plate says what he says about carmona, I believe he's legit and worth more than your standard 1 year rental contract.

Here's the article about Hunter's comments. I just found it. Wow. That's inspiring.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecente ... LE/cbsnews
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers