Soriano and Stolen Bases: "I can't run my best ...." - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano and Stolen Bases: "I can't run my best ...."

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Soriano and Stolen Bases: "I can't run my best ...."

Postby d18Mike » Thu May 17, 2007 11:02 am

Just FYI -- Soriano's response to batting second in the order when Lee returns:

''It's all right,'' Soriano said. ''Maybe I can get more RBIs. I can't run my best because of my hamstring, so maybe I can use some power more to help the team and get some RBIs.'' Soriano hasn't batted second since he was a rookie in 2001.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rounders » Thu May 17, 2007 11:57 am

Yeah, the radio announcers have mentioned several times during the games that he doesn't look like he's going 100% in the field or on the base paths in order to protect his hamstring.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SweetAurillia » Thu May 17, 2007 12:08 pm

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D for Theriot I'm assuming. Can we expect 30+ SB from The Riot now?
[i]For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today[/i]
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ryno23 » Thu May 17, 2007 1:23 pm

His stride looked way off when he got thrown out at the plate on Saturday, and it got scant mention from the announcers other than their "bad baserunning" comments.

He looked gimpy.
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rounders » Thu May 17, 2007 2:09 pm

Ryno23 wrote:His stride looked way off when he got thrown out at the plate on Saturday, and it got scant mention from the announcers other than their "bad baserunning" comments.

He looked gimpy.

I heard Pat and Ron mention it a couple times during the Mets series that he didn't look like his leg was completely healthy. Although he did steal a base on Monday - but I was listening to the radio, so I don't know what kind of jump he got or how close the throw was.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SweetAurillia » Thu May 17, 2007 2:32 pm

Rounders wrote:
Ryno23 wrote:His stride looked way off when he got thrown out at the plate on Saturday, and it got scant mention from the announcers other than their "bad baserunning" comments.

He looked gimpy.

I heard Pat and Ron mention it a couple times during the Mets series that he didn't look like his leg was completely healthy. Although he did steal a base on Monday - but I was listening to the radio, so I don't know what kind of jump he got or how close the throw was.

He underestimated Victorino. He started running as soon as the ball was hit from 2nd but was jogging and not running hard thinking he could've made it home easily. Victorino cut the ball off at CF and threw a rocket to home. Soriano didn't look hurt, he was noticeably frustrated and angry once he reached the dugout knowing he did some bad running on the basepads. Later on in the game Soriano had a chance to score from 3rd but didn't dare challenge Victorino again :-b
[i]For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today[/i]
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rounders » Thu May 17, 2007 2:43 pm

SweetAurillia wrote:
Rounders wrote:

He looked gimpy.

He underestimated Victorino. He started running as soon as the ball was hit from 2nd but was jogging and not running hard thinking he could've made it home easily. Victorino cut the ball off at CF and threw a rocket to home. Soriano didn't look hurt, he was noticeably frustrated and angry once he reached the dugout knowing he did some bad running on the basepads. Later on in the game Soriano had a chance to score from 3rd but didn't dare challenge Victorino again :-b

And then on Monday he beat out a good throw to the plate to score from 2nd on a single to center. So, who knows how healthy he is. He's probably healthy enough to turn it on when he needs to, but won't risk it too much with stolen bases - IMO.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ender » Thu May 17, 2007 3:05 pm

He took off to steal a base today, had a decent jump but then Ramirez hit a HR.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 451)

Return to Baseball Leftovers