Insomnia - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Insomnia

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri May 18, 2007 6:38 pm

statsman88 wrote:i just take pills :-B

i have some lunesta which is some pretty strong stuff.

I also have some over the counter Melatonin which is natural and has no side effects, it has worked for me, It works best though when you are in a daily routine (such as going to bed at like 11 and getting up at 7 etc..) Its a pretty cheap, over the counter all natural pill that has definetly come in handy. i would recommend the "natrol" brand ;-D

dont you get very reliant on them though? ive heard you get very addicted to them and without them you cant fall asleep :-o

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby statsman88 » Fri May 18, 2007 7:08 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
statsman88 wrote:i just take pills :-B

i have some lunesta which is some pretty strong stuff.

I also have some over the counter Melatonin which is natural and has no side effects, it has worked for me, It works best though when you are in a daily routine (such as going to bed at like 11 and getting up at 7 etc..) Its a pretty cheap, over the counter all natural pill that has definetly come in handy. i would recommend the "natrol" brand ;-D

dont you get very reliant on them though? ive heard you get very addicted to them and without them you cant fall asleep :-o

with melatonin, its effect over a long period of time will eventually wear off if you take it everyday. I started out taking it everyday, then once i got in a real good sleep pattern you can just take it 3/4 times a week and its worked for me for about 4/5 years. Once your body gets in an everyday rhythm of sleep its much easier to get to sleep
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RynMan » Sat May 19, 2007 3:48 am

Some great responses so far! I'm sure you can find something in here that will help. One more thing I might suggest would be Qi Gong.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby JTWood » Sat May 19, 2007 10:06 am

I had terrible insomnia for years and it turned out to be a symptom of my depression.

Not saying that's the case here. I just want to make sure you consider all options. Don't want to treat the symptom, you know?

Good luck, h0rt! We all know how much insomnia sucks. We're rooting for you. ;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby emb0lus » Sat May 19, 2007 7:31 pm

The Big Train wrote:
1. Exercise. But, do NOT do this immediately before going to bed.
2. Have a feast. :-? - just try not to gain weight doing this :-D Seriously, don't go to bed hungry but feasting isn't for everyone and avoid sweets.

4. The TV and computer monitors can be sleep killers.
5. Make sure the place you are sleeping is dark. I
6. I recommend avoiding drugs of any kind
7. Avoid sleeping in too much.
8. Do you have a wife :-D

good assessment and advice, I just wanted to reiterate a few things - alcohol, caffeine AND tobacco can all affect sleep. There are medical causes besides primary insomnia that can keep you awake such as periodic limb movements, restless legs syndrome, as JT said depression, also anxiety, bipolar disorder, fibromyalgia etc. There are therapies such as chronotherapy, phototherapy and cognitive behavioral therapy to name a few.
My advice, try not taking pills as first line therapy as many people try to do not even antihistamines. Deal with your worries before bedtime because laying there thinking about them is often what keeps people awake. If you end up taking something, I recommend taking drug holidays - meaning take for no more than 5 days in 7. Many of them are not so much physically addicting as they are psychologically addicting meaning you begin to believe you cannot sleep without them.
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Sat May 19, 2007 10:10 pm

Exercise a lot and be active. If you tire yourself out enough during the day then you won't have a problem falling asleep.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby nsulham » Sat May 19, 2007 10:24 pm

This may sound weird but in the past I've tried warm milk and it's actually worked.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Sun May 20, 2007 7:40 pm

I had a minor case of insomnia for a couple years as a result of minor depression. You might want to see a general prac, counselor and/or psychologist.

Stay with natural chemicals (try thc if you haven't), work out, eat well, drink only a glass or two of red wine per day, do not get loaded, run a fan or sound a river, the ocean or peaceful atmosphere before and during sleep. Something that always helps me is for it to be frigid cold outside of very warm blankets. Try buying pillows of a different firm/softness and pillowtop mattress/cover (or remove it for a more firm feel). Turn the cell phone off after a certain hour, and heaven forbid, take a break from the cafe and any other internet usage for three days to a week or more. Do something you're scared to do once a day.

Good luck.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Insomnia

Postby navigrassor » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:06 am

I recommend more physical activity.

what is ambien?
buy ambien
Last edited by navigrassor on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
navigrassor
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Insomnia

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:28 am

navigrassor wrote:I recommend more physical activity.

interesting first post... replying to a 5 month-old thread.. :-?

edit: 3 year and 5 month old thread. :-b
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 182)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk