Andrew Miller being called up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Andrew Miller being called up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Andrew Miller being called up

Postby roamwood » Wed May 16, 2007 9:49 pm

The Tigers have announced the stud prospect Andrew Miller will be called up this weekend to pitch while Bonderman is on the DL. Will be good to get a look at him and see what he is made of. He has been pitching very solid ball down in Lakeland.
roamwood
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu May 17, 2007 10:17 am

I don't think he is quite ready, but I wish the former Heel all the luck in the world.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby roamwood » Thu May 17, 2007 11:03 am

I dont think he is necessarily ready yet either, but he has to be better than Chad Durbin. Also, being allowed to start off in the #5 spot should do a good bit to relieve the pressure on him to come out and dominate right away. Cole Hamels was brought up early last year as well, and he has done well so far.

Despite him being a former Tarheel, I think that Miller is going to turn out to be the sleeper of this year's pitching class. He knows how to win, and is used to fighting through on a pressure filled stage. We will see what happens tomorrow.
roamwood
College Coach
College Coach

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu May 17, 2007 1:19 pm

roamwood wrote:I dont think he is necessarily ready yet either, but he has to be better than Chad Durbin. Also, being allowed to start off in the #5 spot should do a good bit to relieve the pressure on him to come out and dominate right away. Cole Hamels was brought up early last year as well, and he has done well so far.

Despite him being a former Tarheel, I think that Miller is going to turn out to be the sleeper of this year's pitching class. He knows how to win, and is used to fighting through on a pressure filled stage. We will see what happens tomorrow.

I don't think you can call Miller the sleeper of the 06 class. He was the highest rated player and pitcher on most draft boards last summer, he just fell a few spots due to signability concerns.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby roamwood » Fri May 18, 2007 12:55 am

Maybe its just that Lincecum, Hughes, Bailey, and Gallardo have gotten a lot more press in the minor league message boards, and in the papers. I think Miller could end up having the best career of them all due to his ability to strike people out and induce contact outs.
roamwood
College Coach
College Coach

Postby roamwood » Fri May 18, 2007 9:31 pm

Andrew Miller with a solid first start.

6 innings
0 ER
4 Hits
3 Walks
1 HBP
2 Strikeouts

All in all a good start for the young rookie. I am betting they keep him up..especially if he gets a chance at one more start and gives a solid outing.
roamwood
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Minor League & College Baseball