Devil Rays Lineup - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Devil Rays Lineup

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Devil Rays Lineup

Postby rippz » Wed May 16, 2007 7:29 pm

Why does Dukes get to bat 2nd all the time and now 1st today but Upton and Delmon are stuck in the bottom of the order?? I know Upton is batting 2nd today but Dukes has been there most of the season. Wouldnt it be smarter to get Upton and Delmon in the 1 and 2 spot or even move Crawford to the 2 and Delmon to the 3rd?
rippz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed May 16, 2007 7:51 pm

if you havent noticed, delmon has been struggling all year. his avg is currently standing at .231 with a putrid .274 OBP

not to mention that rocco has been hitting leadoff (yea hes been struggling too, but now it appears like hes headed for the DL, so look for dukes to keep leading off)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby rippz » Wed May 16, 2007 8:00 pm

Yes but the reason Im asking why Dukes gets to bat there is because his average is just as bad as Delmon's. Why not give Delmon some protection and let him hit there instead. I just dont understand why Dukes gets the spot. He has no speed and he isnt hitting all that well. Besides the one homer every now and then.
rippz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:03 pm

rippz wrote:Yes but the reason Im asking why Dukes gets to bat there is because his average is just as bad as Delmon's. Why not give Delmon some protection and let him hit there instead. I just dont understand why Dukes gets the spot. He has no speed and he isnt hitting all that well. Besides the one homer every now and then.

because Dukes has hit 8 HR and DY has hit 4. Also, Dukes has been more patient with at bats than delmon and has more speed
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mr. Smithers » Wed May 16, 2007 8:05 pm

Dukes actually does run pretty well. Also from everything I have read he has better plate disipline than Young. Upton strikes out to much to bat 1 or 2 everyday. Just my opinion. The problem in Tampa is they have no true sluggers to protect any of these guys.
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
Ted Williams
Mr. Smithers
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jlm53089 » Thu May 17, 2007 12:23 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
rippz wrote:Yes but the reason Im asking why Dukes gets to bat there is because his average is just as bad as Delmon's. Why not give Delmon some protection and let him hit there instead. I just dont understand why Dukes gets the spot. He has no speed and he isnt hitting all that well. Besides the one homer every now and then.

because Dukes has hit 8 HR and DY has hit 4. Also, Dukes has been more patient with at bats than delmon and has more speed

and tne fact is think about the line up.
you keep power at 2nd then you have crawford 3rd and then wiggy power at 4th then 5 tool at 5 in delmon and looking like 5 tool at 6 or 2 or 1. its a good mix and a lot of times it messes the other managers game plan up...

trust me be the look of things, things are panning out for maddon and his line up strategy
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu May 17, 2007 12:30 am

jlm53089 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

and tne fact is think about the line up.
you keep power at 2nd then you have crawford 3rd and then wiggy power at 4th then 5 tool at 5 in delmon and looking like 5 tool at 6 or 2 or 1. its a good mix and a lot of times it messes the other managers game plan up...

trust me be the look of things, things are panning out for maddon and his line up strategy

huh? :-? :-?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers