2007 SPRING SIG CONTEST - THE VOTE! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

2007 SPRING SIG CONTEST - THE VOTE!

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri May 25, 2007 6:55 pm

Idahofan1 wrote:the small text on sig H is not meant to be read. At all. All the small text is there for is texture. Its not really text at all.

actually, it says manager minnesotatwins, but it's only for purely design reasons.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri May 25, 2007 10:51 pm

abrage22 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:id hate to do this because i dont rip ANYONE'S sigs because i know how hard it is and mine certainly ARE NOT the best or anywhere near the best. but im going to take my stance and let everyone know. i dont know who made H and i dont want them to take it personally, because it is better than some of the other sigs in the contest. normally i would say h is a fine sig but in a contest every little thing needs to be picked apart. anyhow, here i go:

one, the text is way below acceptable. the small text is completely unreadable and the text on gardenhire is as plain as they come. secondly, the whole right side of the sig is bad if you ask me. the red stripe going down the sig completely ruins it. (not the border, the effect to the immediate right of gardenhire). and the light flashes in the corner at the bottom dont seem right to me either. there needs to be more focus on gardenhire and less on the umpire as well. it has the look of a two person sig rather than focusing on gardenhire.

im really sorry to seem so critical because i dont mean to be. i just think that B,C,E have way less flaws and have a much better look and are better done. just my opinion. rip me if you want. :-[

Just because you don't like it doesn't meen other people don't, obviously if one of your sigs are in here and you did the things that you don't like on H other people maybe like that stuff like the small text and the other things.?.?

i didnt submit a sig and yeah i understand people will like sigs differently than others. i even said myself that i talked to several other people, who i respect as sig makers, said they liked the sig too. i was just stated my own personal opinion. i didnt/dont expect everyone to share my own opinion.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby madaslives911 » Sat May 26, 2007 2:56 am

Congrats Wicked! B-)
madaslives911
Football Scribe
Football Scribe

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RedWoodTree824 » Wed May 30, 2007 2:46 pm

Idahofan1 wrote:I think sig H is the best out there. I think it was easily the hardest to make, and i kind of like the style. None of the other sigs have many effects at all, while H has a ton

Hey I just got back from a trip so please forgive me being late. I just wanted to say that I made sig E (I'm sure everyone knows by now), and my sig had 60+ layers. I'm not knocking sig H because I thought it was the best as well, however I don't think that mine didnt have many effects. I'm sure you werent trying to bash mine, but I just wanted to say that.

Congrats WS, you have always been the man.
RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 30, 2007 8:55 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:if H wins, this thing is a sham.....

when are we concluding this?

Why is it a sham? I think it's easily one of the top 2 in the contest.

It's over tonight at 10.

ive talked to a few people and they agree that H is good too. but i just dont really see it. its not bad and its certainly in the top half of the sigs in this thing but i dont see how its better than manuel, yost, or epstein...

as for you hort:
}:-)

Glad you took it the way it was meant to be taken. ;-D :-D

Congrats, WS. Definitely one of my favorites here at the Cafe.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Previous

Return to Contests and Showing Off