2007 SPRING SIG CONTEST - THE VOTE! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

2007 SPRING SIG CONTEST - THE VOTE!

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Postby sliders51 » Thu May 24, 2007 4:34 pm

A-0
B-2
C-2
D-1
E-6
F-0
G-4
H-7
sliders51
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRock » Thu May 24, 2007 5:14 pm

A-1
B-2
C-2
D-1
E-6
F-0
G-4
H-7

Am I the only one that thought that Scioscia sig was pretty sweet? :-o
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby smoovethug » Thu May 24, 2007 6:50 pm

TheRock wrote:Am I the only one that thought that Scioscia sig was pretty sweet? :-o

Nope. Definately deserving of top 3 or 4 IMO.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Idahofan1 » Fri May 25, 2007 1:22 am

I think sig H is the best out there. I think it was easily the hardest to make, and i kind of like the style. None of the other sigs have many effects at all, while H has a ton
Idahofan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Location: GM headquarters of the Rubber game's brooklyn dodgers

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri May 25, 2007 4:34 am

id hate to do this because i dont rip ANYONE'S sigs because i know how hard it is and mine certainly ARE NOT the best or anywhere near the best. but im going to take my stance and let everyone know. i dont know who made H and i dont want them to take it personally, because it is better than some of the other sigs in the contest. normally i would say h is a fine sig but in a contest every little thing needs to be picked apart. anyhow, here i go:

one, the text is way below acceptable. the small text is completely unreadable and the text on gardenhire is as plain as they come. secondly, the whole right side of the sig is bad if you ask me. the red stripe going down the sig completely ruins it. (not the border, the effect to the immediate right of gardenhire). and the light flashes in the corner at the bottom dont seem right to me either. there needs to be more focus on gardenhire and less on the umpire as well. it has the look of a two person sig rather than focusing on gardenhire.

im really sorry to seem so critical because i dont mean to be. i just think that B,C,E have way less flaws and have a much better look and are better done. just my opinion. rip me if you want. :-[

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri May 25, 2007 6:55 am

Well that's why we have the contest. Not everyone is going to agree about every sig so we try to get as many people as we can to vote. I don't see why it's such a big deal that this sig won. I know you don't like it, but pretty much everyone else does so what can I say...
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri May 25, 2007 12:29 pm

No worries dude, because in the end, this contest is all about opinions !+) First sig I've done since Feb and the wall I just posted was the first larger piece I've done since then. No offense was taken ;-D
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri May 25, 2007 3:44 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Well that's why we have the contest. Not everyone is going to agree about every sig so we try to get as many people as we can to vote. I don't see why it's such a big deal that this sig won. I know you don't like it, but pretty much everyone else does so what can I say...

the sham thing was a joke. you dont have to say anything teddy. its not your fault.

the funny thing is, wicked is my favorite sig maker on this site. i think hes the absolute best at text and it was pretty shocking to actually see that H was his. you definitely should not take offense. this was the only sig of yours i never liked. i still dream about your kazmir sig :-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby abrage22 » Fri May 25, 2007 4:53 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:id hate to do this because i dont rip ANYONE'S sigs because i know how hard it is and mine certainly ARE NOT the best or anywhere near the best. but im going to take my stance and let everyone know. i dont know who made H and i dont want them to take it personally, because it is better than some of the other sigs in the contest. normally i would say h is a fine sig but in a contest every little thing needs to be picked apart. anyhow, here i go:

one, the text is way below acceptable. the small text is completely unreadable and the text on gardenhire is as plain as they come. secondly, the whole right side of the sig is bad if you ask me. the red stripe going down the sig completely ruins it. (not the border, the effect to the immediate right of gardenhire). and the light flashes in the corner at the bottom dont seem right to me either. there needs to be more focus on gardenhire and less on the umpire as well. it has the look of a two person sig rather than focusing on gardenhire.

im really sorry to seem so critical because i dont mean to be. i just think that B,C,E have way less flaws and have a much better look and are better done. just my opinion. rip me if you want. :-[

Just because you don't like it doesn't meen other people don't, obviously if one of your sigs are in here and you did the things that you don't like on H other people maybe like that stuff like the small text and the other things.?.?
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Idahofan1 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:31 pm

the small text on sig H is not meant to be read. At all. All the small text is there for is texture. Its not really text at all.
Idahofan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Location: GM headquarters of the Rubber game's brooklyn dodgers

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off