24 Renewed Twice Over; Big Changes Coming? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

24 Renewed Twice Over; Big Changes Coming?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 24 Renewed Twice Over; Big Changes Coming?

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:54 pm

Things aren't going so hot on the show.

Season 7 of 24 promises to be its most tense yet. At least on the set.

Execs at the Fox hit have scrapped virtually their entire story line for the season, delaying the start of production by roughly three weeks. According to sources, the 11th-hour time-out was called after the network put the kibosh on a costly plan to shoot a number of episodes in Africa. Producers briefly toyed with the idea of finding a location in Los Angeles that could sub for the continent, but they ultimately decided to ditch the whole concept and start over from scratch.

Although a Twentieth Century Fox spokesperson declined to comment, 24's expert scowler, Mary Lynn Rajskub, confirms that the clock for Day 7 has been reset. "I don't know what's going on over there, but they're going crazy," says the scene-stealer, who learned only last week that Chloe would be returning. "We usually start [back up] at the end of July, and I don't think we're starting until a couple of weeks into August now. It's kind of exciting, because I think [the postponement] means that they're really having to dig in there and come up with new stuff."

The show's creative team was no doubt already feeling the pressure: Day 6 was considered to be about as explosive as a wet firecracker, so for Season 7 they really needed a plot that was incendiary. In fact, news of the setback comes on the same day the semiannual Television Week critics' poll (in which yours truly participated) named 24 the second-worst show on TV, behind ABC's best-not-traveled October Road.

For more on 24's big rewrite — including what impact it'll have on plans to introduce the show's first female president — check out Ask Ausiello this Wednesday.
Link
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:35 pm

Not as bad as I thought it would be when I read the first line. I was expecting it to be problems between the cast. Still not good to hear.

Yeah, Day 6 wasn't very good, but 2nd worst show on TV? :-°
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:34 pm

What is this 24 you speak of? :-o

Just kidding of course, though I haven't watched a single episode ever. :-b
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:17 pm

Hopefully they will dig deep enough to find the spark that Season 5 had. ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pacman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:43 pm

Bring back Mandy.

;-D
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:23 pm

Pacman wrote:Bring back Mandy.

;-D

;-D ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beatdrum » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:40 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, I shall rank the seasons of 24 from worst to best.

6. Season 6 :-t

5. Season 3
4. Season 1
3. Season 4
2. Season 2
1. Season 5 ;-D
beatdrum
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:28 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Pacman wrote:Bring back Mandy.

;-D

;-D ;-D

;-D ;-D ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:08 pm

TV Addict wrote:TheTVaddict.com has just learned that Carlos Bernard will officially be returning to the show this season as fan favorite Tony Almedia. Turns out Tony was only thought to be left for dead by millions of viewers, but in reality was alive and well.

“Tony’s uncertain fate near the end of ‘Day 5’ left the door open for his return,” said executive producer/show-runner Howard Gordon. “And since there was no silent clock at the conclusion of his last appearance – the 24 tribute to a major character’s demise – we always kept this as a possibility.”

WOW! No only do CTU agents have the uncanny ability to avoid traffic in Los Angeles, they can also go an entire day without hitting a bathroom AND survive deadly explosions! Since we’re reinventing the show here, why not take a page from NBC’s BIONIC WOMAN and give Tony a bionic arm or leg? Or bring a few other fan favorites back from the dead. Who wouldn’t like to see the return of zombie Nina Meyers, President Palmer or Bairus’ Mom.

Three words 24 — Jump The Shark.

I agree with that last sentence. Every bit of news I get about the new season only lowers my expectations further.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:21 pm

I always thought Tony was alive and would be back because they didn't give him a "silent clock" in his "death scene." Anyways, I'll definitely be watching Heroes over this, and will just watch 24 online the next day or something.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk