Trades That Should Happen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trades That Should Happen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dod959 » Wed May 16, 2007 3:18 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:Alex Rios and Jason Frasor for Pat Burrell and Scott Mathieson

the jays get a young potential closer down the line and not that much drop in production for their OF spot. the phillies get the better player and a struggling veteran arm that can hopefully turn it aroundfor the pen...is this close or wishful thinking? the blue jays could have a fire sale come this deadline if they're out of it.

How is that a fire sale for the Jays? Rios makes peannuts for the next couple years and is already better than Burrell.
dod959
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 16, 2007 3:21 pm

Fantasy Man 27 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
WAS Kory Casto to MIN for Scott Baker
I like this idea. Casto needs to get some ABs in, and Baker will never crack MIN rotation.

COL Garrett Atkins to BAL for Brandon Erbe
This doesn't make sense for the Orioles. They have Rowell waiting in the wings to take over in 2009

COL Jeff Baker to PIT for Bryan Bullington
I can see this working

PHI Aaron Rowand to SD for Scott Linebrink
I think the Padres will just wait out Cameron

CLE Paul Byrd to STL for PTNL
I only see this happening when the Indians are ready to call up Miller. Would the Cardinals trade Chris Perez for him?

TB Al Reyes to Philly for mid-level arm
I think the Rays will hold on to Reyes for this year at least.

TB Carlos Pena, Jonny Gomes, Jorge Cantu to SF for Noah Lowry & PTNL (not Tim Lincecum)
I'm not so sure the D-Rays want to sell this low on both Cantu and Gomes. Where would Cantu play? It all depends on the quality of the PTBNL

WAS Chad Cordero to NYY for Tyler Clippard & mid-level pstarter
I think the Nats would want Betances if they gave up Cordero to the Yanks. Clippard might be able to get it done. I think this would only be done to stop BOS from acquiring him.

PIT Jose Castillo to KC for low-tier prospect
I doubt this would happen.

COL Clint Barmes to TOR for a low-level reliever
Maybe the would trade Romero for him? I know that is a high price, but Clayton is horrible.

ARI Scott Hairston to ATL for a low-level starter
NICE. I have not even thought about this. Maybe the Braves would give up Harrison for him?

BOS Joel Piniero to Houston for a mid-level prospect
Maybe. I think Houston would give up one of their two solid catchers to get him.

-Well, I don't think Rowell actually stays at 3B. He's huge and I think as he matures and adds muscle he'll get less mobile. I think he'll move to 1B sometime (which really isn't blocked) in the minors and eventually to DH.

-The Cards wouldn't move Perez for Byrd since I think the Indians will force the Cards to pay his salary. A middle of the road prospect for sure.

-TB will have to sell low on these guys as long as they refuse to play them (minus Pena). Cantu would play 2B, Gomes in LF, & Pena at 1B. I still think Cantu can play 2B. The Giants would likely have to include a prospect reliever.

-I don't think Hairston would cost the Braves Harrison. Lerew maybe.

-Grundz is old and a FA after this year. Castillo is in the duldrums and who can blame him since the Pirates turned their back on him.

-I'm not sure the Red Sox would want a catcher since they have Kottaras from the David Wells deal.

Also, I still think the Mets make a deal for a 2B at the deadline. Luis Castillo would be a nice fit imo since he's a FA and the Twins have Casilla. Maybe the Twins would combo a stud pitching prospect with Castillo for a Milledge or Gomez (they gotta make room for Fernando Martinez sometime)?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby hookem2003 » Wed May 16, 2007 3:48 pm

slomo007 wrote:
hookem2003 wrote:How bout Tex for Loney/Kemp/Billingsley?

The Rangers and the Dodgers are a marriage made in heaven right now. The Rangers need an infusion of young talent, and they know they can't re-sign Tex. The Dodgers are ready to win now, have a loaded AAA team that is blocked, and need a big middle-of-the-order bat.

LAD gets Tex for almost two full seasons at a very reasonable price, and LA is the type of market that Boras would like for Tex to be in. Very possible they could re-sign him.

Rangers get some very nice pieces to build around.

If the trade works out, the Dodgers are WS contenders right now, and the Rangers are in 3 or 4 years.

That is an interesting idea. Weren't the Rangers and Teix really close to a long-term deal this offseason though? Who knows, maybe they can sign him.

no, he's gonna leave Texas after next season.
hookem2003
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Wed May 16, 2007 3:49 pm

hookem2003 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
hookem2003 wrote:How bout Tex for Loney/Kemp/Billingsley?

The Rangers and the Dodgers are a marriage made in heaven right now. The Rangers need an infusion of young talent, and they know they can't re-sign Tex. The Dodgers are ready to win now, have a loaded AAA team that is blocked, and need a big middle-of-the-order bat.

LAD gets Tex for almost two full seasons at a very reasonable price, and LA is the type of market that Boras would like for Tex to be in. Very possible they could re-sign him.

Rangers get some very nice pieces to build around.

If the trade works out, the Dodgers are WS contenders right now, and the Rangers are in 3 or 4 years.

That is an interesting idea. Weren't the Rangers and Teix really close to a long-term deal this offseason though? Who knows, maybe they can sign him.

no, he's gonna leave Texas after next season.

You sound pretty confident in that statement. How are you so sure?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby hookem2003 » Wed May 16, 2007 4:13 pm

confident. I'll say 90% sure.

He's a Boras client, so he's going to test free-agency. Every time the Rangers try to bring up the subject, Tex isn't interested. If you listen to what he says, he drops hints all the time (e.g. When asked how he could leave b/c his nickname is Tex, he answered "I'll be Tex no matter where I play"). And a number of high payroll teams have a need at 1b. Texas has very little success competing in free agency against those clubs.

That's part of the reason that I think LA is a good trade. He's going to end up in a big market like that. I think the only chance of him not going the FA route would be to get him adjusted to that LA lifestyle, great weather, etc. and then shove a big fat contract in his face next winter. He might sign then. It ain't gonna happen here.
hookem2003
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Syler » Wed May 16, 2007 4:18 pm

A's:
Dan Haren
Santiago Casilla

Mets:
Michael Devaney
Lastings Milledge
Aaron Heilman

Mets get a workhorse ace, Haren goes to a team that'll score more than 1 run a game for him, Beane gets the outfielder he's always wanted, and Heilman will finally get to start(And Mets fans wont get to see him blow games anymore!)
Syler Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BravesGuy » Wed May 16, 2007 11:33 pm

05worldserieschamps wrote:How about Saltalamacchia for Lastings Milledge??? Makes perfect sense for both teams?

Doubt the Braves and Mets will be trading with each other anytime soon.
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 16, 2007 11:46 pm

Syler wrote:A's:
Dan Haren
Santiago Casilla

Mets:
Michael Devaney
Lastings Milledge
Aaron Heilman

Mets get a workhorse ace, Haren goes to a team that'll score more than 1 run a game for him, Beane gets the outfielder he's always wanted, and Heilman will finally get to start(And Mets fans wont get to see him blow games anymore!)

Not bad.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu May 17, 2007 12:08 am

At the deadline:

Boston trades

Coco Crisp
Jon Lester/Hansen
Delcarmen

Atlanta Trades

Andruw Jones
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 17, 2007 12:15 am

RocketsDWM wrote:At the deadline:

Boston trades

Coco Crisp
Jon Lester/Hansen
Delcarmen

Atlanta Trades

Andruw Jones

No way Boston does this deal without a trade and sign with Andruw and I doubt they'd part with those RPs.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers