Trades That Should Happen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trades That Should Happen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Havok1517 » Tue May 15, 2007 11:29 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:Alex Rios and Jason Frasor for Pat Burrell and Scott Mathieson

the jays get a young potential closer down the line and not that much drop in production for their OF spot. the phillies get the better player and a struggling veteran arm that can hopefully turn it aroundfor the pen...is this close or wishful thinking? the blue jays could have a fire sale come this deadline if they're out of it.

Burrell is too expensive for that trade to work. Philly would have to pay most of his salary to get Rios and Mathieson is recovering from TJ. I'm sure everyone is playing wait and see.

i would pay 100 million dollars to do that trade. :-D

the rowand for linebrink doesnt really make sense now i dont think because i dont think bourn is ready to be an everyday OF and with howard struggling the way he is, we need him in the lineup...it was talked about today on sports radio, purely hypothetical, what could you get for ryan howard? the phils have shown they can win without him for the most part and still have enough pop in their lineup...lets see some answers here...

Ryan Howard to _____ for ______.....?

Well, Rowand is playing over his head so far and Myers in the rotation is the smart move not him closing.

Howard to the Angels for Brandon Wood, Ervin Santana, & Scot Shields?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue May 15, 2007 11:40 pm

the Jays will likely make some moves, but Rios will not be someone being traded away, nor should he be.
Jays that could be traded.. Glaus, R Johnson, G Zaun, J Thomson, J Towers, Ohka, and deffenitely Clayton.
Clayton was signed to a one year deal, so theres no reason to keep him around.. thats if anyone else wants him.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Old_Style » Tue May 15, 2007 11:44 pm

I'd like to see Rowand go back to the White Sox for middle reliever. Someone like Mike MacDougal possibly? :-?
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Tue May 15, 2007 11:45 pm

Scott Baker for Brad Hawpe.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Doughhead » Wed May 16, 2007 12:00 am

Snakes Gould wrote:Alex Rios and Jason Frasor for Pat Burrell and Scott Mathieson

the jays get a young potential closer down the line and not that much drop in production for their OF spot. the phillies get the better player and a struggling veteran arm that can hopefully turn it aroundfor the pen...is this close or wishful thinking? the blue jays could have a fire sale come this deadline if they're out of it.

As a Jays fan and a consumer of Toronto media, I don't see this happening. Almost every member of the Jays is signed for next year (I think Royce Clayton and Scott Downs are the only FAs after 07). I think the Jays will lose this year knowing that they will bring the same cast of characters back for next year, expecting the injured guys to be healthy (Glaus, Halladay, Chacin, Ryan etc.) and the young guys to be that much more experienced (Marcum, Janssen, Rios, etc.).

I don't see them busting up this team at the trade deadline. But if they do, why would they want to ditch Rios? He's the only young guy they have who can contribute now and be a major part of their future. If they are going to sell the farm, I would think they'd want to ship out expensive veterans (Thomas, perhaps?), not young stars like Rios.
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Wed May 16, 2007 1:10 am

Havok1517 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Burrell is too expensive for that trade to work. Philly would have to pay most of his salary to get Rios and Mathieson is recovering from TJ. I'm sure everyone is playing wait and see.

i would pay 100 million dollars to do that trade. :-D

the rowand for linebrink doesnt really make sense now i dont think because i dont think bourn is ready to be an everyday OF and with howard struggling the way he is, we need him in the lineup...it was talked about today on sports radio, purely hypothetical, what could you get for ryan howard? the phils have shown they can win without him for the most part and still have enough pop in their lineup...lets see some answers here...

Ryan Howard to _____ for ______.....?

Well, Rowand is playing over his head so far and Myers in the rotation is the smart move not him closing.

Howard to the Angels for Brandon Wood, Ervin Santana, & Scot Shields?

That actually makes some sense. The Angels can then put Saunders in the rotation, Speier, when he gets off the DL can replace Shields in the 8th and Figgins can stay at third. The Phils fill 2 needs.

The question is: Can Dobbs keep this up?

I like the Rowand for Macdougal idea.

WAS Kory Casto to MIN for Scott Baker
I like this idea. Casto needs to get some ABs in, and Baker will never crack MIN rotation.

COL Garrett Atkins to BAL for Brandon Erbe
This doesn't make sense for the Orioles. They have Rowell waiting in the wings to take over in 2009

COL Jeff Baker to PIT for Bryan Bullington
I can see this working

PHI Aaron Rowand to SD for Scott Linebrink
I think the Padres will just wait out Cameron

CLE Paul Byrd to STL for PTNL
I only see this happening when the Indians are ready to call up Miller. Would the Cardinals trade Chris Perez for him?

TB Al Reyes to Philly for mid-level arm
I think the Rays will hold on to Reyes for this year at least.

TB Carlos Pena, Jonny Gomes, Jorge Cantu to SF for Noah Lowry & PTNL (not Tim Lincecum)
I'm not so sure the D-Rays want to sell this low on both Cantu and Gomes. Where would Cantu play? It all depends on the quality of the PTBNL

WAS Chad Cordero to NYY for Tyler Clippard & mid-level pstarter
I think the Nats would want Betances if they gave up Cordero to the Yanks. Clippard might be able to get it done. I think this would only be done to stop BOS from acquiring him.

PIT Jose Castillo to KC for low-tier prospect
I doubt this would happen.

COL Clint Barmes to TOR for a low-level reliever
Maybe the would trade Romero for him? I know that is a high price, but Clayton is horrible.

ARI Scott Hairston to ATL for a low-level starter
NICE. I have not even thought about this. Maybe the Braves would give up Harrison for him?

BOS Joel Piniero to Houston for a mid-level prospect
Maybe. I think Houston would give up one of their two solid catchers to get him.
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 16, 2007 1:12 am

Doughhead wrote:How about Brad Hawpe for Joe Saunders?

I'd totally be for that since I used to play ball with Saunders ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Wed May 16, 2007 1:22 am

ACS -

Did you play ball at Virginia Tech? Or did you play with him at high school? Either way, that's pretty sweet.
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GP1 » Wed May 16, 2007 1:24 am

Kyle Farnsworth for Brad Lidge. Both could use a change of atmosphere
GP1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DMXdawg » Wed May 16, 2007 1:33 am

Lidge is far better than Farnsworth. That's some wishful thinking on the Yanks part- Lidge is looking lights out again. I think his era is down to 3.5 now, 1 ER in the last 13 innings.
DMXdawg
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers