Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trades That Should Happen

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:47 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Fantasy Man 27 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
Fantasy Man 27 wrote:I thought this would be an interesting thread. I was thinking about making this a few days ago, then I saw this post on MLB Trade Rumors.

Here are the rules:

1) The trade must make sense (Sizemore for Smoltz doesn't make sense)

2) The salaries must be taken in to account (A-Rod for Longoria would happen)

3) No homerism. Don't overvalue players and keep saying Saltalamacchia is worth CC Sabathia, he isn't.

Here is my first trade that makes sense.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia for Rocco Baldelli/Elijah Dukes
With the Braves having two great catchers, and needing a center fielder of the future, trading Salty for one of Baldelli/Dukes makes too much sense. The Rays have a log jam in the OF, and could use some power in the lineup. Rocco has a team-friendly contract, and the Rays might be more inclined to trade him rather than Dukes due to his lingering injuries.

I think the Braves would without a doubt have to include some relief in that deal.

Not when you consider Rocco's salary. :-P

I'm taking that as a joke? (':-

The Braves can take the salary on. I was just throwing that trade out there. It makes a lot of sense on both sides.

Well, considering the recent blockbuster contracts it's actually not as bad anymore. But it was a 32M contract over 6 years that started in 2006. IMO that is way too much money for someone who has never been able to stay healthy...but I will admit that with the recent contracts it's not all that bad. I thought it was more than that until I just looked it up, hence my comment.

Its soo backloaded its not even funny

But either way, he's going to get paid while sitting on the DL half the time. It's a shame he can't stay healthy. I realize this is kind of funny coming from the guy with Griffey in his avatar. :-B
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trades That Should Happen

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:49 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Fantasy Man 27 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
Fantasy Man 27 wrote:I thought this would be an interesting thread. I was thinking about making this a few days ago, then I saw this post on MLB Trade Rumors.

Here are the rules:

1) The trade must make sense (Sizemore for Smoltz doesn't make sense)

2) The salaries must be taken in to account (A-Rod for Longoria would happen)

3) No homerism. Don't overvalue players and keep saying Saltalamacchia is worth CC Sabathia, he isn't.

Here is my first trade that makes sense.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia for Rocco Baldelli/Elijah Dukes
With the Braves having two great catchers, and needing a center fielder of the future, trading Salty for one of Baldelli/Dukes makes too much sense. The Rays have a log jam in the OF, and could use some power in the lineup. Rocco has a team-friendly contract, and the Rays might be more inclined to trade him rather than Dukes due to his lingering injuries.

I think the Braves would without a doubt have to include some relief in that deal.

Not when you consider Rocco's salary. :-P

I'm taking that as a joke? (':-

The Braves can take the salary on. I was just throwing that trade out there. It makes a lot of sense on both sides.

Well, considering the recent blockbuster contracts it's actually not as bad anymore. But it was a 32M contract over 6 years that started in 2006. IMO that is way too much money for someone who has never been able to stay healthy...but I will admit that with the recent contracts it's not all that bad. I thought it was more than that until I just looked it up, hence my comment.

Oh, okay. I thought you were making a comment based on my rules. My bad.

Here is Rocco's salary information.

07:$0.75M, 08:$2.25M, 09:$6M club option ($4M buyout), 10:$8M club option, 11:$9M club option ($2M buyout - 2010 & 2011 options must be exercised together)

So, unless you know something I don't know, and Cot's doesn't know deerayfan072, he is making $750k this year.
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Doughhead » Tue May 15, 2007 10:49 pm

How about Brad Hawpe for Joe Saunders?
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:50 pm

Besides i would rather the Rays just draft Matt Weiters
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 60)

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:51 pm

Sorry i was off by 250K !+) :*)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 60)

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue May 15, 2007 10:53 pm

which mlb trade rumors site is bad?
mlbtraderumors.com or mlb-trade-rumors.com ??
mlbtraderumors usually has good stuff. its run by the same guy as rotoauthority.com
mlb-trade-rumors.com can be bad, and rarely has anything meaningful
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 514)

Postby Havok1517 » Tue May 15, 2007 11:16 pm

WAS Kory Casto to MIN for Scott Baker

COL Garrett Atkins to BAL for Brandon Erbe

COL Jeff Baker to PIT for Bryan Bullington

PHI Aaron Rowand to SD for Scott Linebrink

CLE Paul Byrd to STL for PTNL

TB Al Reyes to Philly for mid-level arm

TB Carlos Pena, Jonny Gomes, Jorge Cantu to SF for Noah Lowry & PTNL (not Tim Lincecum)

WAS Chad Cordero to NYY for Tyler Clippard & mid-level pstarter

PIT Jose Castillo to KC for low-tier prospect

COL Clint Barmes to TOR for a low-level reliever

ARI Scott Hairston to ATL for a low-level starter

BOS Joel Piniero to Houston for a mid-level prospect
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 103)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue May 15, 2007 11:17 pm

Alex Rios and Jason Frasor for Pat Burrell and Scott Mathieson

the jays get a young potential closer down the line and not that much drop in production for their OF spot. the phillies get the better player and a struggling veteran arm that can hopefully turn it aroundfor the pen...is this close or wishful thinking? the blue jays could have a fire sale come this deadline if they're out of it.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby Havok1517 » Tue May 15, 2007 11:20 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:Alex Rios and Jason Frasor for Pat Burrell and Scott Mathieson

the jays get a young potential closer down the line and not that much drop in production for their OF spot. the phillies get the better player and a struggling veteran arm that can hopefully turn it aroundfor the pen...is this close or wishful thinking? the blue jays could have a fire sale come this deadline if they're out of it.

Burrell is too expensive for that trade to work. Philly would have to pay most of his salary to get Rios and Mathieson is recovering from TJ. I'm sure everyone is playing wait and see.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 103)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue May 15, 2007 11:24 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:Alex Rios and Jason Frasor for Pat Burrell and Scott Mathieson

Burrell is too expensive for that trade to work. Philly would have to pay most of his salary to get Rios and Mathieson is recovering from TJ. I'm sure everyone is playing wait and see.

i would pay 100 million dollars to do that trade. :-D

the rowand for linebrink doesnt really make sense now i dont think because i dont think bourn is ready to be an everyday OF and with howard struggling the way he is, we need him in the lineup...it was talked about today on sports radio, purely hypothetical, what could you get for ryan howard? the phils have shown they can win without him for the most part and still have enough pop in their lineup...lets see some answers here...

Ryan Howard to _____ for ______.....?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers