Trades That Should Happen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trades That Should Happen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trades That Should Happen

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:22 pm

I thought this would be an interesting thread. I was thinking about making this a few days ago, then I saw this post on MLB Trade Rumors.

Here are the rules:

1) The trade must make sense (Sizemore for Smoltz doesn't make sense)

2) The salaries must be taken in to account (A-Rod for Longoria would happen)

3) No homerism. Don't overvalue players and keep saying Saltalamacchia is worth CC Sabathia, he isn't.

Here is my first trade that makes sense.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia for Rocco Baldelli/Elijah Dukes
With the Braves having two great catchers, and needing a center fielder of the future, trading Salty for one of Baldelli/Dukes makes too much sense. The Rays have a log jam in the OF, and could use some power in the lineup. Rocco has a team-friendly contract, and the Rays might be more inclined to trade him rather than Dukes due to his lingering injuries.
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trades That Should Happen

Postby Havok1517 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:27 pm

Fantasy Man 27 wrote:I thought this would be an interesting thread. I was thinking about making this a few days ago, then I saw this post on MLB Trade Rumors.

Here are the rules:

3) No homerism. Don't overvalue players and keep saying Saltalamacchia is worth CC Sabathia, he isn't.

With the Braves having two great catchers, and needing a center fielder of the future, trading Salty for one of Baldelli/Dukes makes too much sense. The Rays have a log jam in the OF, and could use some power in the lineup. Rocco has a team-friendly contract, and the Rays might be more inclined to trade him rather than Dukes due to his lingering injuries.

I think the Braves would without a doubt have to include some relief in that deal.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 108)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:33 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
Fantasy Man 27 wrote:I thought this would be an interesting thread. I was thinking about making this a few days ago, then I saw this post on MLB Trade Rumors.

Here are the rules:

I think the Braves would without a doubt have to include some relief in that deal.

Not when you consider Rocco's salary. :-P
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby CadensDad » Tue May 15, 2007 10:34 pm

Here are the rules:

MLB trade rumors is the worst site out there, nothing ever comes true off that site

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 27)

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:37 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Here are the rules:

I'm taking that as a joke? (':-

The Braves can take the salary on. I was just throwing that trade out there. It makes a lot of sense on both sides.
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 15, 2007 10:38 pm

Brad Hawpe for Brad Lidge
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:41 pm

Fantasy Man 27 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Here are the rules:

The Braves can take the salary on. I was just throwing that trade out there. It makes a lot of sense on both sides.

you do know Rocco is making 500K this year right?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Havok1517 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:42 pm

acsguitar wrote:Brad Hawpe for Brad Lidge

wow, horrible trade for houston since they don't need an OF.

The Rockies should look to move 1 or 2 of Baker, Helton, Kosh, Stewart, Atkins, etc. (they can't all play) for some STARTING pitching.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 108)

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:43 pm

Fantasy Man 27 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Here are the rules:

Well, considering the recent blockbuster contracts it's actually not as bad anymore. But it was a 32M contract over 6 years that started in 2006. IMO that is way too much money for someone who has never been able to stay healthy...but I will admit that with the recent contracts it's not all that bad. I thought it was more than that until I just looked it up, hence my comment.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:45 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Fantasy Man 27 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Here are the rules:

Well, considering the recent blockbuster contracts it's actually not as bad anymore. But it was a 32M contract over 6 years that started in 2006. IMO that is way too much money for someone who has never been able to stay healthy...but I will admit that with the recent contracts it's not all that bad. I thought it was more than that until I just looked it up, hence my comment.

Its soo backloaded its not even funny
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 60)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers