Rickie Weeks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rickie Weeks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rickie Weeks

Postby Prooks25 » Tue May 15, 2007 8:18 pm

So when does this guy start showing his potential? This year? Next year? Never? Been waiting on this guy for 3 years now.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Super Manny » Tue May 15, 2007 8:33 pm

The batting average has been a bit painful lately, but I've been very pleased with his 30 runs, 5 home runs, and 7 stolen bases, thus far. ;-D

"When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's when you know you are a bad man." -Manuel A. Ramirez
Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby NZF » Tue May 15, 2007 9:02 pm

Yeah I agree. thought the BA would be 20-30 points higher but his runs, HR's and SB's have him on target 20-30 season with 120 runs. That's very decent production for his position.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Prooks25 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:05 pm

NZF wrote:Yeah I agree. thought the BA would be 20-30 points higher but his runs, HR's and SB's have him on target 20-30 season with 120 runs. That's very decent production for his position.

True, but he put up most of those numbers the first few weeks of the season. He has been cold as ice since then.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby NZF » Tue May 15, 2007 9:28 pm

Prooks25 wrote:
NZF wrote:Yeah I agree. thought the BA would be 20-30 points higher but his runs, HR's and SB's have him on target 20-30 season with 120 runs. That's very decent production for his position.

True, but he put up most of those numbers the first few weeks of the season. He has been cold as ice since then.

So has A-Rod. If it's a H2H league then yeah it could be an issue but in roto he'll give you decent season numbers.
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHumdingerDynasty » Tue May 15, 2007 10:03 pm

I was offered his Weeks and Dempster for my Hardy. It brings up the question of how hot can hardy stay and will weeks ever wake up. I still don;t know what to do
TheHumdingerDynasty
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bleach168 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:39 pm

TheHumdingerDynasty wrote:I was offered his Weeks and Dempster for my Hardy. It brings up the question of how hot can hardy stay and will weeks ever wake up. I still don;t know what to do

Press the accept button.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby NZF » Tue May 15, 2007 10:42 pm

TheHumdingerDynasty wrote:I was offered his Weeks and Dempster for my Hardy. It brings up the question of how hot can hardy stay and will weeks ever wake up. I still don;t know what to do

I would take that deal without giving it a second thought. No way Hardy keeps this up. In fact by years end Weeks may well be more valuable than Hardy and you get a free closer in the deal.

Actually on second thoughts..... Hardy is a stud and will keep this up all year. Weeks is a bum and Dempster, well he's Dempster. Ask for someone else to make it a fairer trade.

Bleach has those two players and I have Hardy :-B
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby woodson_28 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:59 pm

i'm finding that in my league Hardy gets no respect. Sure he may cool off, but until he does, he's rank #3 right now in my league, behind Arod and Reyes.

I want to trade him, but I'm finding that he has no value
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ursa » Wed May 16, 2007 12:52 am

I put Durham in at 2B for Weeks today, then changed my mind. Weeks went 0/4 again, Durham went 1/4 but that was a 2 run dong. :,-(
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers