My Players just got dropped.!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

My Players just got dropped.!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigken117 » Tue May 15, 2007 11:58 am

Wow, that totally sucks. :-/

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SweetAurillia » Tue May 15, 2007 12:12 pm

I don't see how people get gratification from "winning" your league when 11 out the 12 players in the league don't even acknowledge your win as legit.
[i]For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today[/i]
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue May 15, 2007 12:35 pm

I thought there was an option that you could say "no" to commish changes. Maybe that was removed :-?

What I would do? Keep playing in the league with a waiver wire team and see if you can win. Now that would be a challenge ;-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby daullaz » Tue May 15, 2007 12:48 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
daullaz wrote:See if you can notify Yahoo about the guy. Hopefully they will ban him from being able to run any leagues in the future.

If it's a custom league, they won't. Something like this happened to me a while ago, and since it wasn't a public league they weren't able to help.

Maybe they won't be able to get your team back, but I would think they could at least block him from getting the opportunity to do this in the future.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Ursa » Tue May 15, 2007 12:54 pm

Dcon wrote:email the whole league as well as message board post. That is insane, the commish must be 12 or something.

Exactly my thought. I can't conceive of doing something like this. Personally, I'd send the email and abandon the whole thing.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby ordinarygenius » Tue May 15, 2007 12:59 pm

Write the commish and tell him you're friends with Ugueth Urbina. :-D
ordinarygenius
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Captain Jack Sparrow » Tue May 15, 2007 1:22 pm

It could mean you forgot to log out on a public computer and some jerk dropped your players as a joke.

I had a chance to do this once. It was very tempting, but instead I made some ridiculous trade offers instead and posted a few stange notes on the message board before logging off.
Captain Jack Sparrow
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Tue May 15, 2007 1:49 pm

Captain Jack Sparrow wrote:It could mean you forgot to log out on a public computer and some jerk dropped your players as a joke.

While I'm sure that does happen, that's not the case here. Note the original post:

What does (c2007-05-15) mean?

That's a commish change, and noted that way to prevent this kind of thing from happening without the members of the league knowing about it.

Anyway, your commish is a cheater, plain and simple. Sorry to hear you woulnd up with such a person as the commish of your league. Try our "Classifieds" forum and see if you can find a league with some of our solid guys. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SignGuy » Tue May 15, 2007 1:58 pm

janssenlbd wrote:
Old_Style wrote:H2H or Roto league?

You still have a chance if it's a head to head league. You're probably SOL if it's Roto.

its a head to head league. i'm just going to laugh this off and delete my team if i can.

Dont laugh it off...id curse him out for pulling a stunt like that
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue May 15, 2007 2:14 pm

it seems pretty stupid. i mean, its not even like he tried to sneak an unfair trade through, he blantantly dropped your players and put them on his team. im pretty sure the rest of the league wouldnt compete either, thus making the league worthless.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers