Prospects Additions to Yahoo! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Prospects Additions to Yahoo!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri May 25, 2007 5:12 pm

i didnt read any article, but i dont think any article on Gallardo was needed. why should someone write an article about a prospect just being added to yahoo? if Gallardo was being called up then ok write an article, but not for just having his name now available. theres a chance Gallardo wont even be called up anytime soon.
i could see an article about Braun being called up and added to yahoo, so im guessing people would have seen Gallardo's name there anyway ..which is why i think its bad timing that Braun was called up right now. i was hoping Braun and Gallardo could become available without many knowing.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 103)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:24 pm

Astute owners should be checking the players added every day....even more die-hard owners would have the link bookmarked.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby Third Day » Fri May 25, 2007 9:34 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
akula wrote:having these Y! guys on this forum is what makes this forum special...and a big advantage.

it was special way before these guys too ya know }:-)

Snakes, I mean this in all sincerity, you are one of my Cafe Heros ;-D
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 273)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri May 25, 2007 11:14 pm

Third Day wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
akula wrote:having these Y! guys on this forum is what makes this forum special...and a big advantage.

it was special way before these guys too ya know }:-)

Snakes, I mean this in all sincerity, you are one of my Cafe Heros ;-D

care to elaborate....? :-?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby OnceinDC2\1 » Mon May 28, 2007 3:42 am

You know...I'd be interested to see the numbers of some of the most prominent wire additions over the last year or two seems to me that a lot of them will put up numbers that although useful aren't going to provide a spectacular advantage. Braun I think may be a good example...most of the projections I've seen are somewhere around 15 homeruns and 5-10 SBs. That's nice but in in 10 and 12-team leagues isn't that close to replaceable off the wire generally? Pitchers are another story I think altogether but like I said...it'd be interesting to see what the story is

for the record....I do own Lincecum and chose to add Gallardo instead of Braun (I own D. Wright) in a 12 team mixed roto.

Also would like to thank you guys for bringing the additions to my attention...I somehow got gallardo with a #8 waiver priority. Figured if I waited on gallardo someone who take him then I'd lose braun to a higher waiver priority since he's had more exposure. Guess we'll see how it all works out in the next few weeks.
OnceinDC2\1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Mon May 28, 2007 9:31 am

Well it certainly depends on your league setup. In my 14 team league with 30 man rosters these guys go with the #1-#3 waiver most of the time and they are worth it.

In a yahoo default league your team is all all-stars anyway so they are a lot less valuable.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby NYYANKEEZ25 » Mon May 28, 2007 9:44 am

Which prospect for SP should I pick up? They are all available. Thanks
"winners make the rules, losers follow them."

rate my team!!!
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2216480#2216480
NYYANKEEZ25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Prospects Additions to Yahoo!

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:19 pm

just bumping this up because i feel its pretty relevant to the yahoo! cueto thread. people should read this thread before they go all gung-ho asking for cueto before hes officially on the opening day roster.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby THE TERMINATOR » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:56 pm

why bump this one up. Why couldn't you post a new thread. I know Cafe is big on keeping it all in one thread but really if Ryan Braun was listed in the first post I would have known that was last year and some people would think nothing about that for Kansas City has a Pitcher name Ryan Braun.
THE TERMINATOR
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:08 am

THE TERMINATOR wrote:why bump this one up. Why couldn't you post a new thread. I know Cafe is big on keeping it all in one thread but really if Ryan Braun was listed in the first post I would have known that was last year and some people would think nothing about that for Kansas City has a Pitcher name Ryan Braun.

i bumped it because it was referred to by fantasy sports genie and theres a ton of good info in here. it had nothing to do with the actual prospects.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers