Prospects Additions to Yahoo! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Prospects Additions to Yahoo!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu May 24, 2007 10:14 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:Ahhh, lovely when people in customer service fail to ealize that "compromise" and "gray areas" do nothing but piss more people off because their standards aren't, well, standard. It sucks because the catalyst for things like this is that people are well-meaning and just want to make everyone happy. But more often than not, they are short-sighted and don't see the reprocussions that will occur by making, random, arbitrary settings.

Players should either be added to the Yahoo database once they are added to the 25 man roster, added to the 40 man roster, or signed to a contract.

Option 1, 2, or 3. That's it. The end. Publish the standard, and no one can complain.

Now with arbitrary settings, it will result in more unanswerable questions to customer service, which will require more overhead from Yahoo, and more time spent on mundane crap by customer service people (and running back and forth internally - "people want to know why Slowey is in but not Sonnastine! What do I tell them?"

etc etc etc.

You are never going to please everyone, but by pleasing the majority of the vocal people, you have to realize that a more vocal larger minority could crop up saying they hate the change.

You should make a logical, consistent standard, and in the long run people will be happier because their expectations will be set.

Now, all that is known is that sometimes prospects will be added, God knows when, and now I have to check the waiver wire every week to find out who was added to the Yahoo database on a whim.

I GUARANTEE Yahoo customer service will get multiple pissed off emails from leagumembers that had a high waiver priority and missed out on Gallardo or Braun because they had no reason to expect that either player was going to get added to the Yahoo database.

And I also guarantee that the number of these emails will be greater than the number of emails they got from people asking when Yahoo was going to add Gallardo or Braun to the database.

well put.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby phillyphan12 » Thu May 24, 2007 10:53 pm

i use yahoo and the only thing i cant stand is having to wait days sometimes to add a stud call up to the majors from the minor leagues...i heard about hugh`s call up to the yanks yet didnt get him because it took 3 days til i could add him
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dewey finn » Fri May 25, 2007 12:31 am

Snakes Gould wrote:lets see how long it takes to call up braun now that hes called up.. :-°

probably not until Funston or somebody hypes him up in his next article.
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby joecahill » Fri May 25, 2007 12:36 am

Over/under is two days. Takers?
joecahill
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri May 25, 2007 12:58 am

worst time to call up Braun and it sucks! that hes not allready in the list with the other players added.
now that Braun is up everyone will be going to the added players section to find Braun, and now they will be surprised the other names are there aswell ..and now i wont be able to get both Braun and Gallardo, good job ;-D way to go
Braun should have been in the list, and the Brewers should have wait attleast another week to call up Braun.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 72)

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri May 25, 2007 4:47 am

Braun was suposed to be in with the names added today because he was mentioned with them in the original message.
im not saying well there should be more prospects than that. the players listed in the original message included Braun, but now hes not there along with the newly added players.. thats teasing.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 72)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers