Prospects Additions to Yahoo! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Prospects Additions to Yahoo!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Prospects Additions to Yahoo!

Postby BigNoise » Mon May 14, 2007 11:56 pm

Attention Cafe connoisseurs, I talked with our fantasy product manager today and recommended that our crack crew of engineers add a handful of top minor leaguers to the free agent pool, so you guys can blow your top waiver priorities.

Although no definitive date of their availability was given, the following players should be make an appearance in the free agent pool within the next few days. One in particular I'm sure many of you are already touching yourselves to in anticipation of a potential debut.

If you're in a deep only league, go nuts.

Here's the list:

Ryan Braun
Yovani Gallardo
Joey Votto
Eric Patterson
Kevin Slowey
BigNoise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Archduke Chocula » Tue May 15, 2007 12:05 am

Thanks for the head's up.

For dynasty league people who own minor leaguers, it's nice to not have any lag between the debut of the player and earning points for the player.
Don't tase me, bro.
Archduke Chocula
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue May 15, 2007 12:07 am

yes! this is awesome news.
will this be announced anywhere on the yahoo fantasy baseball home page? or is the only way to see the names is if one checks the players recently added list?
hopefully noone in my league will know about it and i can grab both Braun and Gallardo
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 73)

Postby MissingOakley » Tue May 15, 2007 12:09 am

Which of these guys are must own in 11 and 12 teamers?
MissingOakley
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby rippz » Tue May 15, 2007 12:11 am

Is Eric Patterson close to being called up?

Thanks for the heads... I would really love you if you could get Justin Uptin added. ;-7
rippz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BigNoise » Tue May 15, 2007 12:19 am

rippz wrote:Is Eric Patterson close to being called up?

Thanks for the heads... I would really love you if you could get Justin Uptin added. ;-7

With the Cubs depth at MI (Theriot, DeRosa, Izturis), it's unlikely Patterson would get a call-up anytime soon. However, if DeRosa's wrist injury suffered in Monday's game proved more serious, Peppermint Patterson might be considered for a promotion over Ronny Cedeno. Patterson is raking a .339 BA, with 5 HR, 18 RBI and 5 SBs in 115 Triple-A at-bats. More than likely, he'll see some action come September.

I'll see what I can do about Upton.
BigNoise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue May 15, 2007 12:29 am

i kinda think this is bad news...i liked it better when minor leagues guys werent a part of the player pool. then when he appeared in the majors, he appeared in yahoo...rather than having to stash the whole year. maybe a better idea would be having any guys not in the majors in a different database and having the option of them being available when they reach the majors or right away. just my thoughts.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Prooks25 » Tue May 15, 2007 12:31 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i kinda think this is bad news...i liked it better when minor leagues guys werent a part of the player pool. then when he appeared in the majors, he appeared in yahoo...rather than having to stash the whole year. maybe a better idea would be having any guys not in the majors in a different database and having the option of them being available when they reach the majors or right away. just my thoughts.

I agree with this.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue May 15, 2007 12:41 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i kinda think this is bad news...i liked it better when minor leagues guys werent a part of the player pool. then when he appeared in the majors, he appeared in yahoo...rather than having to stash the whole year. maybe a better idea would be having any guys not in the majors in a different database and having the option of them being available when they reach the majors or right away. just my thoughts.

but dont get me wrong...i appreciate your efforts in trying to make yahoo better ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue May 15, 2007 12:51 am

i like that the players are there ready to be picked up even if they havnt appeared in a major league game yet.
just because they have shown great numbers in the minors doesnt mean they will be good when they are on their major league team.. example- Alex Gordon. any owner that picks these players has to know there is a risk that they wont be as good.
i certainly would rather have them available rather than having to wait until they have played in a game.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 73)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers